PDA

View Full Version : ideas for 25th Anniversay trip

JoF
01-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Hey Intercot - my partner and I have been together for 25years this year and although we have never married we feel like celebrating this milestone!
We would like to fly out to Boston for a few days and then incorporate a few days travelling around the surrounding area. We would then want to fly down to Florida and do a week or so travelling around (possibly St Augustine, the keys, Miami and maybe fit in a bit of time in WDW). I would love to know everyone's thoughts on places to visit that we could explore. We are in the planning stages at the moment and are interested in small towns rather than the major cities.
Thanks for your help :mickey:

NJGIRL
01-20-2012, 07:37 AM
When we travel around we don't go for small towns too much but here are a few of our favorite "smaller" places we have enjoyed.

Since you will be in Boston, Salem is only about 45 mins away and we loved it there. Alot of "witch" stuff and a very old cementary with a Mayflower passenger buried there. There is plenty to do there for at least two days. They have a walking route that takes you to all of the historical place like the House of the Seven Gables, courthouse where the witch trails were held etc. When we were there they also had alot of very interesting shops. Of course Boston is a fun place too. This is another great "walking" town. Again alot of historical stuff. The town square has interesting entertainment and throughout the city there was alot of good food. This IMO is another two day town. Finally Newport RI was another place we enjoyed. Cool town on the water. The Mansions were amazing and so was the Cliff Walk. To me these three places had a "smaller town feel" to them and were alot of fun!

If you want more details on any of these places let me know.

faline
01-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Other areas of interest could include Rockport and / or Gloucester - also north of Boston. Many folks enjoy the Cape Cod area - south of Boston.

If you enjoy that sort of thing, many visit Plimoth Plantation (south of Boston) or Sturbridge Village (west of Boston). The Mystic Seaport area of Connecticut is a nice destination. In addition to the museum, there's a decent aquarium as well.

It's a relatively short drive from Boston into New Hampshire and Maine.

Kairi_7378
01-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Bar Harbor, Maine, is beautiful. Not sure how far of a drive it would be from Boston, though.

faline
01-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Bar Harbor, Maine, is beautiful. Not sure how far of a drive it would be from Boston, though.

It is beautiful but the drive is about 5-1/2 hours from Boston.