PDA

View Full Version : Closest place to All Star Music for dinner?

ewasilau
01-18-2012, 12:26 PM
If you arrive at All Star Music around 7/7:30, when and where would you eat dinner with your 8-year-old? Thanks!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-18-2012, 01:02 PM
probably at the food court

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Will you have snacks available before you arrive?? If so - anywhere would be good - if not - go with the food court.

Strmchsr
01-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Food Court is good. If you have your own transportation there is also a McDonald's right at the entrance to the All-Star resorts.

Buttercup
01-18-2012, 02:12 PM
If you don't want to do the food court, or McDonald's, and you're looking for a table-service restaurant close to ASMusic...
You're closest to Animal Kingdom, so I would suggest going to the Rainforest Cafe there -- no park admission necessary as the restaurant is just outside the front gates. It's definitely kid-friendly!
Or, the next closest resort with table service restaurants is the Animal Kingdom Lodge - it has Boma, Jiko, and Sanaa -- check out their menus online and see if they serve things your 8yo would like.

ewasilau
01-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Glad to know AKL is close - we love Boma. It would be my 8 year old's birthday dinner, so no food court. Last time we were at Boma, one year ago, my daughter got to be a "chef" and decorate a cookie, etc. Maybe they would do that again.

Anyone know if Rainforest Cafe would be more or less (pricewise) than Boma?

Strmchsr
01-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Anyone know if Rainforest Cafe would be more or less (pricewise) than Boma?

A little less in general. Check out the menus on Intercot in Info Central and you can get more of an idea of exact pricing.

WDWCrazyKaren
01-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Also, the bus from ASMu doesn't take too long to get to DTD. Plenty of choices there. Not as fancy as Boma, but T-Rex for an 8 year old birthday sounds like fun!

KAT1811
01-19-2012, 08:30 PM
If it were my DDs birthday dinner I'd head over to 1900 Park Fare for dinner with Cinderella. We take cabs every now and again when we don't want to deal with the busses when dining at the resorts. We have never paid much in fares. :mickey:

ewasilau
01-22-2012, 02:10 AM
Thanks again for all of the input. I hadn't thought about DTD for dinner. Would a girl like T-Rex? Hmm, maybe 1900 Park Fare - I think we'll try to use the buses to get to dinner and then cab home no matter where we go.

mom2morgan
01-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks again for all of the input. I hadn't thought about DTD for dinner. Would a girl like T-Rex? Hmm, maybe 1900 Park Fare - I think we'll try to use the buses to get to dinner and then cab home no matter where we go.
If you are going to bus it to 1900 Park Fare (which I think would be an AWESOME birthday dinner), go directly to the Magic Kingdom and then hop on the monorail. It'll take a bit of time, but is totally "do-able".