PDA

View Full Version : One day at MK - Feb 29 or March 1?

ewasilau
01-18-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm thinking about a surprise leap day birthday trip for my soon-to-be 8 year old ( or 2 year old, depending on how you look at it!) daughter. Which would be the better plan? Surprising her at school on her birthday (Feb 29) and flying down to FL from DC that day, having dinner, then doing MK on March 1 (when it will be presumably uncrowded due to promotion on 2/29) from 9 a.m. to 8 pm, then having a character breakfast on March 2 and flying home OR flying down on the afternoon of 2/28, doing the big 24-hr leap day thing at MK, then character breakfast on March 1 and flying home? Fyi - I think we'd end up at MK from about 8 am - midnight if we went on 2/29. Maybe a little later - she's pretty energetic. But I worry about crowds . . . . Any MK experts have thoughts?

disneymom2000
01-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Definitely your first scenario. Don't deal with the crowds on Feb 29th but just enjoy the whole outing by starting the surprise on the 29th and doing MK on the 1st when you will get a chance to do more while you are there. What an awesome parent to make such a surprise happen. Just make sure you book your character meal ASAP.

gerald72
01-18-2012, 08:39 PM
I don't understand the appeal of going to a park that's open until 6 am if you will leave at midnight.
Pick the next day.