PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations...

Brian McFan
01-17-2012, 08:39 AM
What the recommended best viewing spot for the show? We've never seen it.

ronandjulie
01-17-2012, 08:44 AM
I highly recommend right in front of the Maragrita bar in mexico. Great view and really close to margaritas!

Strmchsr
01-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Anywhere that you have a view of the lagoon is fine. The one thing I would recommend (and it changes each night) is checking wind direction. You don't want to be in a place where the wind is blowing towards you because that is where the smoke will all go. Most often that's UK/France or Germany/Italy, but it can blow from any direction.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-17-2012, 09:02 AM
There really isn't a bad "seat in the house" for Illuminations.

Just be sure you have a clear view, no trees, etc and you'll love the show. We've seen it from a couple of different points and they have all been just fine.

BugeyedMuggy
01-17-2012, 09:36 AM
We find Canada is one of the best places.(right across from the stockade)

phlo8810
01-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Everywhere is Great. Morrocco is good, but we usually watch from the bridge that goes from UK to France. There is also a viewing area under the bridge that is usually open but fills up quick.

Main Street Jim
01-17-2012, 09:38 PM
On the east side of the lagoon, as the winds usually blow east to west. That would be the Mexico/Norway/China side.

We prefer right between Mexico and Norway. Closer to China, and the island kind of blocks the view.

KatrinaJ91
01-17-2012, 09:39 PM
We like to watch from the UK near Rose & Crown (or have dinner there and time it out to watch from there!)

Melanie
01-17-2012, 09:48 PM
We've found in front of Norway, or there's an area that juts out in front of Germany, are good places for us.

But if you really want to know how I feel.....go see Fantasmic! instead. :funny: Just kidding. ;)

Silver_Surfer
01-18-2012, 12:48 AM
We've found in front of Norway, or there's an area that juts out in front of Germany, are good places for us.

But if you really want to know how I feel.....go see Fantasmic! instead. :funny: Just kidding. ;)

This for me also:thumbsup:

We started from Mexico and slowly worked our way there checking each spot.:secret:

IamBelle
01-18-2012, 03:11 PM
We prefer Mexico. We stake out our spot about 2 hours early because it fills up fast. We enjoy this spot because we eat our dinner then stick around to watch Illuminations. If you don't feel like going hours earlier, the bridge in Mexico from the Odyssey area is also a good spot. We decided to stay for Illuminations last August and found that the bridge was basically empty 30 mins before it started so we stayed there...the view is perfect (it's only steps from the Mexican Cantina). Have fun...Illuminations is such a great show, the music is my favorite!!

Gator
01-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Lots of good spots. The promenade between FW and WS has good spots all over. In front of Canada, Mexico, or Norway have unobstructed views. There's a place near Germany and the boat landing that has a great view. You can also pick a spot near Morocco where you get the fireworks with SSE as a backdrop.

Tons of good spots. Just pick one out about 30 minutes in advance during the slow season, and 60 in the high season.

BWayGrl
01-19-2012, 03:41 PM
I like the bridge between UK and France. When I was there in December I staked out that spot about an hour and a half ahead of time. It was nice because I was right up at the railing of the bridge, so it was nice to lean on.

Also, there's a little patio right around there too. One night I ate a quick dinner in France, got a chocolate mousse for dessert and took it with me to this little patio area. You have to go down a small set of stairs. There were a few stone "planters" that people were sitting on, so I sat too. Only a few people stood in front of me, so I had a little trouble seeing the globe, but no trouble seeing the fireworks. Sometimes they use this area for private events though, so it might not always be open. I think a lot of people don't know that you're allowed down there (I had that thought too at first), so it wasn't packed.

WDWCrazyKaren
01-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Count us among those who like the bridge between UK and France. Mostly is so I can be close to Grey Goose Slushies:marg:...and DH can make a trip or two (or three or-oh, you get the idea) to Canada from there for Moosehead! :beer: