PDA

View Full Version : Odds of Last Minute ADRs???

KAT1811
01-16-2012, 09:39 AM
We will be in Disney for 16 days this year. (Wish it were a month :cloud9:) I have our itinerary planned for dinners on the days we are in the parks but after last year everyone decided they didn't want to be tied to an ADR on our pool days. The guys (DH and Dad) would rather lounge by the pool with the kids and grab a quick bite and the kids would rather grab a quick bite and take part in the pool activities. Now Mom and I (and possibly DD15) don't mind spending all day by the pool but would like to get out a few nights (we have 6 pool days planned). That being said we also aren't sure we want to tie ourselves to ADRs. What do you think are the odds of a late dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cafe or Portobello (8:00/8:30)? We will be traveling in September when the crowds are (hopefully) light. Any suggestions to where we may be able to snag a last minute ADR would also be appreciated

TinkerbellT421
01-16-2012, 09:55 AM
16 days!! I'm jealous :blush: Fellow RI'er here too :mickey:

Where will you be staying? Just so I can round up some good ideas :mickey:

KAT1811
01-16-2012, 10:08 AM
We stay at Coronado Springs. By far our favorite resort on property. Best of both worlds. Great bang for your buck and wonderful amenities. Rearly do the conventioneers use the transportation, food court, or pool area. Nice and quiet. We spent 18 days there last year and loved every minute of it. It was our home away from home.

TinkerbellT421
01-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Awww thats awesome! :thumbsup: I never stayed at Coronado, I will talk to DBF later and see if he has any close by suggestions for last minute eateries.

Melanie
01-16-2012, 10:24 AM
I'd say your odds will be very good. We got a last minute Portobello last year in October.

Will anyone have a smartphone? The WDW mobile site is the bomb! You can easily see what restaurants have openings on the day of, and just as easily make your ADR right then and there. I love that site and use it all the time!

Mammabruski
01-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Will anyone have a smartphone? The WDW mobile site is the bomb! You can easily see what restaurants have openings on the day of, and just as easily make your ADR right then and there. I love that site and use it all the time!

I second this... The "Mobile Magic" app for certain Verizon phones is amazing! I used it from home for my DM who needed an ADR rescheduled in September. I was able to get her a 12pm seating at Coral Reef the night before! I plan on using it when we go in June - we only made very limited ADR's so that we could go with the flow....

Good luck, 16 days sounds heavenly!

KAT1811
01-16-2012, 12:17 PM
I'd say your odds will be very good. We got a last minute Portobello last year in October.

We were able to grab last minute ADRs there last year but I am wondering if that will change with their addition to the DDP. We love Portobello.

I tried to get it on our last trip but it wasn't offered for the iPhone (even though we have Verizon). I had to keep phoning in. A big pain but it worked. Wondering if they will offer it before our next vacation.

BrerGnat
01-16-2012, 12:43 PM
I tried to get it on our last trip but it wasn't offered for the iPhone (even though we have Verizon). I had to keep phoning in. A big pain but it worked. Wondering if they will offer it before our next vacation.

You don't need a specific app for this. Just launch your browser, and put in

m.disneyworld.com

Click on "Dining", "make a dining reservation", and you'll be connected to the mobile dining site. It's SUPER easy. I made several ADRs on our last trip from our room using my ipod touch, and from my cell phone (non Verizon) as well.

I just "bookmarked" the dining site, then added it to my launcher. Voila...instant "app".

Melanie
01-16-2012, 12:57 PM
You don't need a specific app for this.

Yes, this is not an app and it's available to anyone with a smartphone. It's the actual mobile site for Disney World. Love it!

Don't get me started on the exclusivity of the Verizon app. :shake: