PDA

View Full Version : What kind of question is this....

Melanie
01-15-2012, 09:07 AM
and what would you read into it?

Today on the Walt Disney World Facebook page, this is the most current status:

On this day in 1975, both Space Mountain and Carousel of Progress opened at Magic Kingdom park. Of these two attractions, which would you never miss during a visit to Walt Disney World?

Maybe I'm reading something into this that isn't there, but I can't help but think they are trying to informally poll the public on feelings for CoP. Glad to see CoP getting a lot of love in the comments.

Scar
01-15-2012, 09:30 AM
You can proxy vote CoP for me Melanie. Last year I decided it was my last ride on Space Mountain. My back just wasn't enjoying it any more.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Just cast a vote for CoP.
World's biggest wuss here won't ride SM again.
But in memory of my mother, I ride the CoP - she rode the original at the NYC World's Fair.

SBETigg
01-15-2012, 10:28 AM
If that's an informal poll, it's leading and biased. I think if they wanted to try to get a sense of feelings on CoP, they would ask a more direct question on it without giving those choices. But who knows. I think it was just an informative fact, with a question added to generate discussion.

Dopey's Girl
01-15-2012, 10:58 AM
I read it like you did Melanie. I thought it was strange too. I cast my vote for CoP...I can't imagine MK without it!

TinkerbellT421
01-15-2012, 11:09 AM
I read the same thing into it Mel! I'm heading there now to cast my vote for COP!

Melanie
01-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Reading this again, I now see this phrase "which would you never miss", could be interpreted differently. I took it as 'which attraction would you never miss (as in give another thought to) if it were not there?' But in all likelihood they mean 'which attraction would you not miss going on every trip?'

Regardless, strange wording. :shrug:

Ian
01-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Professed my love for CoP!

hoop de do
01-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Both of them , maybe, no wait just one of them I think but if I had to pick it would be one or the other, probably the other but it really depends on alot of things other than what I brought up. So my answer is Yes. :D

Main Street Jim
01-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Space Mountain's a kiddy coaster, you wusses...LOL :)

Y'all know I'm just givin' ya a hard time :)

But yeah...every time we've been in Magic Kingdom, we *have* to go and see CoP :)

It's just *classic* that way. :thumbsup:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Space Mountain's a kiddy coaster, you wusses...LOL :)

Y'all know I'm just givin' ya a hard time :)

But yeah...every time we've been in Magic Kingdom, we *have* to go and see CoP :)

It's just *classic* that way. :thumbsup:

I fully profess to being the World's BIGGEST WUSS!! ;):cool:

TheVBs
01-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Interesting question! I'm assuming for a lot of people the answer would be both. I'm not on FB, so can't cast a vote, but for us Space Mtn is the can't miss of the two.

PETE FROM NYC
01-15-2012, 07:24 PM
I went on Space Mtn ONCE never again. I am just not a coaster guy.

I first rode CoP at the NY Worlds Fair, and re-enjoyed it on our first WDW trip in 1975.
I ride it several times each trip.

brivers222
01-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Hmm now that u mention it, it could be testing the "love" waters.

I totally read right around that when i saw it lol

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-15-2012, 09:27 PM
COP for me...

caryrae
01-15-2012, 09:57 PM
I would have to say SM for me. We have never missed that attraction except the time it was shut down and have only done CoP twice.

ronandjulie
01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Easy! SM all day. COP is great, but I always imagine a Tomorrowland without COP, Stitch and the Speedway. 3 attractions that my family never does. 3 more E ticket rides could fill those spaces.

Daisy'sMom
01-16-2012, 11:08 AM
COP hands down:mickey:

DisneyGirl85
01-17-2012, 08:47 AM
I saw that and didn't think that far into it...but now I am!....I just gave my vote for CoP!!

divinedi
01-17-2012, 09:23 AM
CoP all the way for me too. Don't miss it when we are there, it's definitely a classic!

waymickey
01-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Yes it does seem that disney is trying to get a feel for what the public likes or dislikes. What I find funny is that the real attraction they should consider getting rid of in tomorrow land is Stitch, not SM or COP.

Janmac
01-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Is it true that CoP is a huge maintenance headache? I too rode this at the NY World's Fair and have had a soft spot in my heart ever since.

Space Mtn used to be my hands down all time favorite roller coaster ever - until RnRC. Before RnRC I did miss riding SM when it wasn't available. Not so any more. I don't know whether the ride has deteriorated or I'm just spoiled by better technology.

My favorite of the two: CoP.

Jan

Main Street Jim
01-17-2012, 09:46 PM
When I worked CoP, there didn't seem to be much maintenance needed on it. Cleaned up and repainted, yes, it does need it. Updated? Maybe.

The "ride system" is kind of unique in how it operates.