PDA

View Full Version : Cali Grill and DDP

MonoMan
01-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Leaving in less than a week and considering changing our dinner ADR for our first night. We have been planning on Cali Grill, but we are on the DDP and every other time we've been we weren't on the DDP and I could order sushi, appetizers, ect. instead of a full entree. I'm interested in what advice or suggestions everyone has to offer.

Other places I'm considering instead of Cali Grill: Artist Point & Narcoosees's. We've been to both previously but it's been awhile.

Thanks so much!

DizneyRox
01-14-2012, 04:40 PM
You can still order sushi, appetizers, etc... Not sure I understand the question...

Narcoossees is fantastic! Probably the best meals I've had at WDW were served out of that kitchen.

SBETigg
01-14-2012, 04:41 PM
You can get sushi as your entree at California Grill. There are some options that count as entree. Besides the sushi, their entrees are amazing and I can't imagine having a problem with "having" to get an entree. You could also supplement, split an app with your entrees, or do that meal OOP. I would keep it. But of course, Narcoossee's is good, too, and I haven't been to Artist Point but probably also a good choice. But California Grill is my favorite choice and I would stick with it.

BelleBeauty
01-14-2012, 05:03 PM
It sounds like you are wondering if CA Grill is the best use of your DDP. In my opinion it is not since it is 2 TS credits. I still think that it is great, but perhaps a better value if you pay out of pocket and use the 2 TS credits for other great meals.

MonoMan
01-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Sorry I wasn't exactly clear, was I:)
But you guys figured it out, so thank you!
I am wondering if I will feel limited by using the DDP there. I'm happy to hear the great feedback on Narcoossee's. It's been awhile since we've dined there so maybe I will use our credits there and do California Grill OOP.

DizneyRox
01-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Well, none of the 2TS credit meals are worth using two credits. Pay OOP and use the credits at other places. There are a few high cost TS locations left that would give you a better value.

buzznwoodysmom
01-14-2012, 09:59 PM
We never use the dining plan for a 2 TS credit meal. We pay out of pocket for those. Its a terrible waste of credits. Here is just one example. We were in WDW in Dec. Most of our TS meals were in the $120-$150 range. We used the dining plan for those, all 1 TS credit meals. Our total at Cali Grill was right around $200. So using 2 TS credits would have been a huge waste.

Fastpasssteve
01-16-2012, 01:15 AM
I had never thought of the cost effectiveness of using the 2 credits from the DDP.

Last time I went down, I was on the DDDP and found that we were more extravagant using the Dining Plan than if we would have paid out of pocket. Going to someplace like CG is a special occassion, not to be marred by counting dollars. Using the Dining Plan gave us license to be extravagant.

Consider.

buzznwoodysmom
01-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Going to someplace like CG is a special occassion, not to be marred by counting dollars. Using the Dining Plan gave us license to be extravagant.

Consider.

Considering our total which was right around $200 included the Dragon Roll sushi platter (which was amazing by the way), the Goat Cheese Ravioli app., the Oak fired filet, the Bison entree, two children's steak entree's, an adult desset, and a child's dessert, plus drinks, we were not watching dollars at all. To be honest ordering any more food would have been so wastefull. We were barely able to eat what we ordered. It was more than enough food to fill us well beyond our needs. We ordered what we wanted and didn't worry about what the cost was going to be, but we were actually totally shocked and surprised when our bill came. We fully expected our total to be much, much more. Now we did order adult beverages, as well as some kiddie drinks from the bar just before we were seated, and those were paid for at the bar, so our bill could have been a bit more if we had ordered the drinks from our table. But those wouldn't have been covered by our dining plan anyway. So I still think that using the dining plan on a 2TS meal is a waste when considering that a 1TS meal can cost only around $50 less. It may not be a waste of credits for the deluxe dining plan, but definitely a waste if your on the regular dining plan.