PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Question about V&A's

Basket Mommy
01-14-2012, 01:09 PM
The hubby and I have reservations at Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table for our anniversary next week. We've eaten there once before in the regular dining room, so I'm familiar with the atmosphere.

My question is about taking a camera. I have a little pocket Nikon that I would love to take with me to commemorate the evening. I'm a scrapbooker, so I usually take pictures of just about everything on our trips, meals included.

I'm on the fence about taking the camera. I've looked, but I can't find anything that says cameras are forbidden. I would try to be discreet about taking the pictures, and I figured the chefs would be so busy cooking they probably wouldn't be bothered by the pictures. I figured I could take it, ask the chef if he minds pictures, and then let him make the decision for me.

I guess my question is: has anyone ever taken their camera to V&A's? I wouldn't think of taking it into the regular dining room, because it might disturb other guests. But, it will only be us dining at the Chef's Table.

LuvsTigger80
01-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi there!!

I've seen so many pictures from V&A's on other boards. One person even said that the chefs there enjoy knowing that their food is being photograph and shared with others. :thumbsup: I know that when we dine there in April..we will be taking pictures as well. Enjoy your dinner!! I know that we are super excited to be eating there as well.

murphy1
01-14-2012, 04:43 PM
I am so jealous!! This was the best meal of my life, ate there two years ago for my bday. I took a ton of photos and did a trip report here (link is at bottom of report for pics (most of the ones you will want to see are on pages three and four I think) if you want to see them) I was looking at them and drooling, honestly best meal I have ever had and worth every penny!!!! Maybe someday again sigh, here is link here on Interecot (If Jack and Sherry are there, say hi for me!!), Sherry said that a few people thought I was a food critic b/c I took photos, which is funny b/c I was a journalism major in college:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=150684

Basket Mommy
01-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Awesome. I will probably just take the good Nikon SLR, then. Thank you!

Basket Mommy
01-14-2012, 09:37 PM
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=150684

Thank you for sharing your pictures! I have always regretted not taking my camera the first time we ate at V&A's. The meal was just divine. Seeing your pictures has gotten me even more excited about going again. Cannot wait to see what the Chef's Table is like!

PinKy
01-14-2012, 10:55 PM
We did that for our 15th anniversary (with a small group - super super fun because they don't get many groups at V& A's!) and took TONS of pictures! Have fun!

MonoMan
01-15-2012, 11:55 AM
We took our camera to the chef's table. A member of the staff even took our picture with the chef. I think that many people go to the chef's table to celebrate a special occasion, so they are used to having cameras there.

murphy1
01-15-2012, 12:45 PM
You will probably have more light at the Chef's table, too, but my camera did pretty well in darker dining area and I adjusted the pics when I got home. Is Chef Hunnell still there? I wrote him a TY note as it was such a wonderful experience and he sent one to me in return, he is one of the best chef's in the world for sure. Please post your report!! I'll be looking forward to it along with your menu! I'm heading back to FL next month, and it's back to chicken nugget time with the kid LOL

c&d
01-17-2012, 09:08 AM
I would definitely take the camera if you're dining at the Chef's Table. We were lucky enough to eat there in 2005. It was wonderful, a lot of food. The dinner we had was a sample of the entire menu that is being served in the dining room. By the time we got to dessert we were stuffed. I still have our menu and on occasion I'll look at it and wish I was back there.

Enjoy your meal.

Disoriented
01-17-2012, 08:28 PM
We've eaten at the Chef's Table six times and we always bring a camera. We take photos of all the servings we have each time, the people in our group, people in the kitchen, whatever pops into our mind.

On one of our visits, one of our servers took the camera at our request and took a picture of everyone working in the kitchen that evening and they all stopped what they were doing at the time and smiled for us. It was great!

Have a wonderful time!!!!