PDA

View Full Version : La Hacienda/Illuminations

alymom96
01-12-2012, 04:54 PM
We have an ADR for La Hacienda at 7:30pm. I heard that you can see Illuminations from inside the restaurant. Does anyone know about this? And if so, do they pipe the music in so you can hear it also? Would a 7:30 reservation be ok for the 9:00 show? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :cloud9:

SBETigg
01-12-2012, 05:01 PM
I haven't tried this, but that seems like a good time to be seated for dinner and be having dessert with Illuminations. It's when we usually check in at Rose and Crown for Illuminations seating, if we can get it.

greengeen
01-12-2012, 06:18 PM
You'd have to be seated outside or next to a window to see Illuminations. That's iffy.

You can always finish up by 9:00 (service is pretty fast there) and go outside to watch. The view is ALWAYS better outside than inside for Illuminations.

wildernesslady
01-12-2012, 07:36 PM
We had a table a couple of rows in from the very large windows. We enjoyed it very much, but we have also seen Illuminations many times. They do pipe in the music. The food was also very good.

Disney Hungarian
01-12-2012, 09:33 PM
I have done this a couple of times. I suggest an ADR an hour before Illuminations. An hour and a half is good too. Arrive on time to the podium and request a window seat for Illuminations. You may have to wait longer but, it is worth it. They dim the lights and pipe the music in. The wait staff continues to check tables during the show also. If you are unlucky enough to not be seated with a view. No worries. I have noticed many guests just move to a spot they can see from while the show is going on and return to their seats after.

LVT
01-16-2012, 08:18 PM
We have done this also. We were actually seated in the booths along the back. The view may not have been as wide, but it was neat. The arched windows frame the show nicely.

We have seen the show many times, so I try to find different view points.