PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland

fanofdisney
01-12-2012, 02:33 PM
I read recently at another site that the TiW card is going to be available to DVC members. Does anyone know when this might be available? Could it be that DVC members are actually getting a "perk"? If so I am very excited about this:party:

disneymom15
01-12-2012, 03:35 PM
This is true. The podcast group talked about it on the last podcast. I don't think the price has been announced yet.

brivers222
01-12-2012, 03:38 PM
I wonder if there is any speculation of being less than an AP discount of $25. I mean if its higher than the AP then it would seem odd to pay more when you almost have to get an AP pass with DVC especially if you plan on visting the park a few times a year.

fanofdisney
01-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Speculation at the web site I was at is that it will be $100. Any idea when this might be available to DVC? I hope they get this figured out before our trip:)

Melanie
01-12-2012, 05:05 PM
This is true. The podcast group talked about it on the last podcast. I don't think the price has been announced yet.

Yes, we did discuss on the last episode of the INTERCOT Insider Live (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=187865), as this new perk had just been announced the day we taped.

As previously stated, details haven't been announced yet. I speculate price will be on par with AP holders at $75.

brivers222
01-12-2012, 05:34 PM
am i missing the perk value here.... I mean a lot of the TS in the parks are what are included in the TIW card.

With the AP being on discount from DVC wouldn't be easier to just pay the same amount for the TIW card through the discounted AP? That was you have discount dining AND a ticket to the park to get to the dining....

I Know some DVC'ers dont have an AP, but it seems the vast majority have come across already do. so they already get the TIW card for $75

I am totally new at this and only asking because in a few years we are going to be re-buying the DVC i had to give up in the divorce... so i am learning all over again ;)

Melanie
01-12-2012, 05:49 PM
I Know some DVC'ers dont have an AP, but it seems the vast majority have come across already do. so they already get the TIW card for $75

Very true! I would assume that if you are at WDW enough to justify a TiW card, you'd be there enough to justify the AP as well.

Maybe the price is going to be lower than $75. Who knows.

DizneyRox
01-12-2012, 06:49 PM
The TiW card can easily pay for itself over a couple of meals, so even short trips can benefit. I've got to guess it will be the same $75, just no need for the AP to get it.

VWL Mom
01-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Speculation at the web site I was at is that it will be $100.

That's what I was thinking based on the FL resident non-AP price. They may be on property frequently but not necessarily in the parks enough to justify the AP.

TinkerbellT421
01-12-2012, 07:17 PM

If the TIW card works well for us in one trip this is a benefit for us because this is the first trip we will be going with an AP. Normally and more than likely outside of this year we only go once a year so normally the AP discount doesn't work for us. So I'm kinda excited to see if a) TIW works well for us in one trip and b) if it is worth getting in the future. I'll be sure to add that in my trip reports. :mickey:

brivers222
01-12-2012, 09:06 PM
If the TIW card works well for us in one trip this is a benefit for us because this is the first trip we will be going with an AP. Normally and more than likely outside of this year we only go once a year so normally the AP discount doesn't work for us. So I'm kinda excited to see if a) TIW works well for us in one trip and b) if it is worth getting in the future. I'll be sure to add that in my trip reports. :mickey:

Yeah I wanna see how that goes! Right now its in the budget to get the 6day PH ($29 off gate price) and upgrade to AP at MK guest relations and then buy the TIW card right there.

I am getting excited about the DVC AP renewal price which is just about $40 more than a 10day PH from UT! I think once I get DVC i will always be carrying an AP...especially if I can squeeze in a long weekend trip here or there!

fanofdisney
01-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Even though we are DVC members we don't get the AP. I wish we went often enough to be able to do that but we don't. So getting the TiW would be considered a perk for us. According to some numbers another person did on a different web site they figured that if DVC is able to get the TiW for $75 spending $375 pre discount price and if it ends up costing $100 then you would need to spend $500 pre discount price for it to be worth it. ( I hope I worded that correctly.) With a family of 5 we spend $500 easily at our sit down restaurants.

Maleficent's Dad
01-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Does anyone know when this might be available? Could it be that DVC members are actually getting a "perk"?
From DVC News:

According to a Disney Vacation Club spokesperson, details are still being finalized for the Tables in Wonderland offering. Current projections are that the dining card will be available for member purchase sometime in "early spring" 2012. That would place earliest card availability in the late-March / April timeframe.

Also unresolved is pricing for the dining discount card. Florida residents are charged $100 per card while passholders receive a discounted rate of $75 per card.