PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stayed in POR Royal rooms yet?

EeyoresBestFriend
01-11-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm not even sure if they are open yet. . . .

If they are, any impressions? I was wondering what they are like? :confused:

Strmchsr
01-11-2012, 04:06 PM
The opening was pushed back from its target of February. The internal unofficial date right now is March 9 for opening.

HeyLynners
01-15-2012, 01:57 PM
We are going early March doing a split stay. One day at POR royal rooms and 6 days at AKL. We received a call earlier this week letting us know that our room would not be ready, but offered us a garden view room at POR. I think i was stunned by the offer of a downgrade and just sat silent on the phone. The lady then offered us a savannah view room at AKL instead. I happily accepted.

We went to WL for our first Disney trip last year and were upgraded to Club Level. I didn't even know what club level was. I was very nice. We are definitely graftful for the upgrade.

brownie
01-16-2012, 03:06 PM
We are going early March doing a split stay. One day at POR royal rooms and 6 days at AKL. We received a call earlier this week letting us know that our room would not be ready, but offered us a garden view room at POR. I think i was stunned by the offer of a downgrade and just sat silent on the phone. The lady then offered us a savannah view room at AKL instead. I happily accepted.

We went to WL for our first Disney trip last year and were upgraded to Club Level. I didn't even know what club level was. I was very nice. We are definitely graftful for the upgrade.

:welcome:
HeyLynners, welcome to INTERCOT!

Tank3434
01-19-2012, 04:03 PM
What are the royal rooms? Planning on taking my little one on his fist trip in November...he will be 19 months and stll trying to decide where to stay. Never been with a child before!

Genie1953
01-19-2012, 09:13 PM
I am wondering the same thing.....what are the Royal rooms? We love Port Orleans Riverside and will be staying there again.

Strmchsr
01-20-2012, 08:05 AM
You can do a google search for pics, but, essentially, the Royal Rooms are princess themed rooms (not overly girly, though) similar to the pirate themed rooms at CBR. They have a lot of special effects and features in the room to give that extra magical touch (for an extra price, of course).