PDA

View Full Version : Hilton Head Tips

BluegrassDaisy
01-10-2012, 04:03 PM
We have booked 4 nights at HHI resort to celebrate our 30th anniversary in April. We honeymooned in Hilton Head (I know, AWWWW); but haven't been back since. Can anyone give me some ideas on fun things to do. We plan to spend a day in Savannah, and would like to get in a couple of hours of beach time each day. :mickey:
Thanks in advance.

pox24
01-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Drive down to Harbor Town. Many nice shops, and dining right on the sound. If your golf fans, the golf links are beautiful. The DVC Beach house is also very nice. Next to hotel is a very nice marina which also has shopped and great places to eat. There also fishing galore. We can't wait to go back.

BluegrassDaisy
01-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the tips, we aren't golfers (which makes me wonder how we decided on HHI 30 years ago!); but my husband LOVES to fish. Maybe I will book a fishing excursion as a surprise. And Harbor Town sounds great. I am really looking forward to this trip with just the 2 of us.

Basket Mommy
01-10-2012, 06:39 PM
If you do a fishing excursion, definitely book one with the Gullah Gal. I highly recommend them. They took my family of 6 out for a 6-hour trip. Our kids were 11, 9, 7 and 5 and the guys on the boat were so patient with them. They baited our hooks, helped us with the fish and even prepped our catch for us before we left the boat. Great day.

SD Price
01-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi BGD,

We've been to the DVC HHI resort several times, in fact, going again in February. HHI is a world class resort area so there is quite a bit to do. The island is very bicycle friendly and there are numerous bicycle rental companies, including the DVC which will give you a discounted rate if you rent for the duration of your stay.

You're also going at a marvelous time of year, there will be plenty of azaleas blooming, the temperatures will be nice, and the island will start waking up for the Summer season.

I've linked to a little review thread I posted back a few years ago. Willing to answer questions if you still have them.
DVC HHI Trip report thread (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=166026)

Scott

PS We like DVC HHI so much that we just bought points there so we could stay more often without dipping into our points at BLT.

BluegrassDaisy
02-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Scott - your post & trip report were so helpful! I am counting the days 'til our trip.:mickey:

SD Price
02-23-2012, 05:53 PM
@BlueGrass and anyone else with a question,

We're at DVC HHI right now. If you have a question; I'll go find an answer. LoL. We just got back from a six-hour fishing trip on True Grits with Captain Jeff and his Mate Ben. Wonderful time, we caught supper and a boatload of smiles.

Goofy Bingo tonight; my daughter will not be deterred from attending.

The first two folks we met yesterday were B'Lou Crabbe and Pool Guy Mike. One of the best parts about DVC HHI is the Cast Members remember you from your last trip.

SD Price
02-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Just returned from a trip to DVC HHI. Here's a link to a little video trip report: Link (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=189301)