PDA

View Full Version : Less obvious Movie-Park Tie ins you like/do before going...

MonkeyBaby
01-10-2012, 03:55 PM
So last night the girls and I watched Song of the South in preparation for Splash Mountain on our upcoming trip in Feb. Does anyone else do this? If so what less than obvious Disney movies do you watch to tie into the parks? (i.e. not obvious tie ins like Peter Pan or Cinderella).

-Dave

MrPeetrie
01-11-2012, 12:56 PM
On a tip from someone on THIS site, we decided to spend the night before departure at a hotel near the airport. It sort of "jump starts" the trip a day early.

Because it's what my DD 8 wanted to view, we watched Eddie Murphy in The Haunted Mansion on our portable DVD player. Very cozy. Very exciting for all of us. Next trip, we may watch Steve Guttenburg in The Tower of Terror.

I know they're not less-obvious tie-ins, but it's all I have.

WDWCrazyKaren
01-12-2012, 07:48 AM
So last night the girls and I watched Song of the South in preparation for Splash Mountain on our upcoming trip in Feb. Does anyone else do this? If so what less than obvious Disney movies do you watch to tie into the parks? (i.e. not obvious tie ins like Peter Pan or Cinderella).

-Dave

I just WISH I could get my hands on a copy of Song of the South!

We're going to see Beauty and the Beast this weekend in the theater. I think that will put me in the mood!

K8screen
01-12-2012, 08:38 AM
It wasnt till I watched Song of the South on tv with the close captioning on that I discovered what the apparently rude words that had astonished us on Splash Mountain really were! :blush:

MonkeyBaby
01-12-2012, 10:50 AM
I just WISH I could get my hands on a copy of Song of the South!

We're going to see Beauty and the Beast this weekend in the theater. I think that will put me in the mood!

That's a good idea!

As for Song of the South, I picked mine up at a toy convention/show about 10 years ago... it's got a few (very few) Japanese subtitles, but otherwise it's perfect. It makes Splash Mountain, our favorite ride, all the better and actually gives my girls an appreciation of the ride. It's a shame it's not more widely available for folks who would love to see it.

-Dave

Gator
01-12-2012, 11:55 AM
I always watch Song of the South before a WDW trip. That way, the kids know all about the BEST ride at the MK.

Also, we watch Swiss Family Robinson so that the tree house seems more interesting to the kids.

Cartoons: Beauty and the Beast (for the live show), Lion King (live show), Nemo (live show and Clamobile ride), Jungle Book (Jungle Cruise), Cinderella (Castle), Toy Story (Mania), A Bug's Life (3D), and Dinosaur (the ride at AK).

dnickels
02-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Only peripherally related, but I noticed back around Christmas that the movie 'A Christmas Story' has the same narrator as the Dad's voice in Carousel of Progress. The movie makes reference to constantly blowing fuses and I think I remember a mention of 'clodhopper' in there somewhere, both of which are a part of CoP as well.

joonyer
02-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Only peripherally related, but I noticed back around Christmas that the movie 'A Christmas Story' has the same narrator as the Dad's voice in Carousel of Progress. The movie makes reference to constantly blowing fuses and I think I remember a mention of 'clodhopper' in there somewhere, both of which are a part of CoP as well.

That's Jean Shepherd, who is also the author of "A Christmas Story".