PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom Tour

mydisneygirls
01-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Has anyone ever taken this tour in the MK and does it go into the tunnel underneath? I see on Disney's website that the price is $72 for ages 16 and up. Does that mean anyone under 16 is not allowed and is it worth the $$$?

MonkeyBaby
01-10-2012, 10:37 AM
To answer your questions from my experience: Yes you do get to walk in the "utilidor" tunnels under the Magic Kingdom, and yes 16 is the age cutoff for the tour.

Now...Is it worth the money? Well that all depends on you and what you like. I personally loved it! I am a Disney Freak, a history buff and love to the whole philosophy and WDW business model. If you get a good tour guide, you'll get history and fun facts, as well as sneak peeks and behind the scenes type stuff. Like I said, it was well worth to me. But folks are different...

Remember to factor in lunch (Columbia Harbor House) and a cool pin.

-Dave

mydisneygirls
01-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Like you MonkeyBaby, I would love this tour. Unfortunately, I guess I'll have to wait a few years before I get to do it as my dd's are only 14 and 12!!! Something to look forward to though!

kaylamag
01-10-2012, 11:46 AM
I did this tour last month and really enjoyed it. Most of the information that was given was stuff that I already knew but we had a great tour guide (Carol) who was able to answer all of our questions. We went backstage at 2 different areas including the utilidors. We rode a couple rides including Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. Lunch at the Columbia Harbor House was delicious!
I can't wait to do a more in depth tour next time we go!

BrerGnat
01-10-2012, 12:15 PM
This is a good tour, very fun and informational, and I definitely recommend it.

However, keep in mind, it does take up a good chunk of the day (4-5 hours). So, if you only have a couple days in the parks, it's probably not "worth" the time it takes out of your park touring. I would recommend it for a longer stay. When we did it, we only had 4 days in the parks, and we all agreed that next time we do a tour, it will have to be on a longer vacation.

brivers222
01-10-2012, 02:27 PM
We just did it in december... was it worth the money, sure for 1 time. But I only really learned a few new things from the tour that I didnt already know becuase of being a member on this site.

Our tour went in the utilidoors but all we did was line up against the wall and look at pictures in display cases... it was rather disappointing.

Like I said, we did learn a few things "on-stage" but not as much as i was hoping.

Lunch at the Harbour house was okay, but there is a reason why we opted for the deluxe plan to stay away from CS meals. I did learn, i would never eat there again lol

But really if you are a disney nut, you do get to see behind "some" scenes and it would be interesting once. Don't get your expectations up too high after reading through all the indepth information on this site.

MrPeetrie
01-10-2012, 06:50 PM
I did the tour several years back and I really enjoyed it. But to be fair, we had an excellent tour guide. He was really appealling. He was definitely "ALL DISNEY." He embodied Disney's philosophy.

The tour was informative, but as others have already stated, many of the information I had already gleened on my own. We did get to go into the utilidors. That was fun. We saw where they maintain the parade floats. And we learned a bunch more trivia.

Courtesy
Safety
Show
Efficiency

Joannelet
01-10-2012, 09:54 PM
I am a past cp cast member so when I did the tour a few years ago with my hubby and sister I was disappointed for them but they didnt even realize what they were missing. The tour doesnt give too much away including the utilidor and some info is witheld. My sister and hubby enjoyed it though. I am glad they did it-it is fun for a one time thing.