PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Parade in April

eire
01-09-2012, 10:29 PM
I know the park is open later during the week after Easter, but I am wondering if there is one Main Street Electrical Parade or two, as in summer???
Also, am I a fool to go that week? We are staying at the Polynesian, but I am so afraid the MK will be closed due to capacity the day we are planning to go there!
Thanks, everyone!

MickeysBestPal
01-10-2012, 07:11 AM
I know the park is open later during the week after Easter, but I am wondering if there is one Main Street Electrical Parade or two, as in summer???
Also, am I a fool to go that week? We are staying at the Polynesian, but I am so afraid the MK will be closed due to capacity the day we are planning to go there!
Thanks, everyone!

All of the major parade performances are listed on all of the calendars approx.6 months in advance.

Keep in mind that Disney will very often add hours and shows as the actual dates get closer (within the last 7-30 days, or so.)

MickeysBestPal
01-10-2012, 07:29 AM
am I a fool to go that week? We are staying at the Polynesian, but I am so afraid the MK will be closed due to capacity the day we are planning to go there!

If it does "close" that day, you can avoid being shut out by getting into the park before 10AM and just staying inside that park until you're finished for that day.

Also, if a park does close due to capacity, it will almost always reopen (at least to the level that WDW Resort guests will be allowed to enter) later in the evening (as a multitude of other guests exit that park.)

None of this will help you avoid the massive crowds encountered INSIDE the parks, attempting to ride attractions, see shows and parades and trying to get a bite to eat.

One sure-fire tip is to make sure you arrive well before opening time, and experience the most-popular attractions very early in the day.
Then, exit the park, take a break for lunch, shop, relax at the resort, etc. for the afternoon.
Then, return for a late-night visit to the same (or different) park, after a bunch of
guests have exited for the evening. (This "later return" may or may not work for MK on a busy, busy day, but you will be able to get into, say, Epcot, that evening.)

eire
01-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Thank you so much for the info; I appreciate your time!!!