PDA

View Full Version : Florida Seasonal Pass Resort Discounts

jrfromfla
01-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I have two 4-day, 3-night trips for next month and May. I am planning to purchase a Florida Resident Seasonal Pass, to use it during those trips and I hope to return in the fall.

I have a great Florida Resident rate for Pop Century next month, but I only have the spring discount rate that is being offered for May also at Pop Century.

My questions are:
1) Do Florida Seasonal passes qualify me for the general passholder discounts on the resorts? how about TIW?
2) If so, can I call to find a cheaper rate for May now, even though, at this point, I do not have the pass yet, or do I have to wait a couple of weeks until I purchase the pass?
3) For future references, how many rooms can be reserved using an annual pass?

Sorry for the all the questions, this will be my first purchase of any type of annual pass and I want to make sure that I take advantage of all the benefits it comes with.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

AgentC
01-09-2012, 04:27 PM
I can answer some of your questions.

(1) Yes, the seasonal pass does qualify you for passholder discounts such as room discounts, activity discounts, hard ticket event discounts, merchandise discount. I had no problem buying my TIW card as a season passholder. You can buy a TIW card as a FL resident. I think it costs $25 more.

(2) In the past I have booked as a seasonal passholder before I activated my pass. You should have it and have it activated before check in. I have sporadically been asked to produce my pass at check in. I suggest contacting Magical Journeys for help.

(3) I think you can book up to 2 rooms with your pass but I might be wrong.

I have found that if you are going to Disney for more than 5 days as a FL resident that it makes sense to get an pass.