PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe

emfleck
01-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Hello,

We will be at Disney the first week of March. We do not have the dining plan and would like to eat at Cape May Cafe for dinner. My question is, I noticed on another unofficial disney site that they state the cost of the dinner buffet is $42.59. When checking the official disney site, it says between $15.00-$35.00. As anyone been there recently who can confirm the correct price. Once we saw $42.59 :jaw:we are reconsidering eating here. We like it a lot but without the dining plan, that price seems a little too high. Thanks!

DizneyRox
01-09-2012, 11:10 AM
It's way closer to the $45 mark. Way more than it's worth. The food, while good, is not that great. Last I was there, most of the food was over-cooked and was really lacking in variety over years past.

I think it's listed at like $36 per person per adult, this was a while back too. With any holiday surcharge and tip, you're easily close to $45.

It's yummy, but not even close to a real clam bake.

TheDuckRocks
01-09-2012, 12:04 PM
I think the other site has probably got the correct price, sometimes the offical Disney website does not get info load in a timely manner.

buzznwoodysmom
01-09-2012, 12:40 PM
We ate here last month. We were on the dining plan so I'm not 100% sure of the price, but for our family of 4 I think it was in the range of $120-150, before tip. We've eaten here twice in the past and on this trip I definitely didn't think it was worth the price tag. We had much better meals at other locations during our trip. I'd say of all our meals on that trip this one would be at the bottom of the list. It was good, but probably our least favorite of the trip.

sassafras
01-09-2012, 04:35 PM
We ate there in August and I think it was around $45 each. I know we discussed whether it was worth that much after we left.

BrerGnat
01-09-2012, 04:55 PM
The range you saw on Disney's site IS correct. The $15 is for a child during the breakfast buffet.

For dinner, it's close to $40 per adult. Since you'll be there in March, during Spring Break, you may be in the window for the "holiday surcharge" that they do at buffets during busy times.

I wouldn't pay OOP for that. There is NO buffet worth that much unless alcohol is included. ;)

DizneyRox
01-09-2012, 07:44 PM
... I know we discussed whether it was worth that much after we left.
It's not...

... There is NO buffet worth that much unless alcohol is included. ;)The included alcohol (HDD and SoA) if I'm not mistaken is wine in a box and bud, neither of which I would ever drink, never mind pay for.

BrerGnat
01-09-2012, 07:56 PM
It's not...

The included alcohol (HDD and SoA) if I'm not mistaken is wine in a box and bud, neither of which I would ever drink, never mind pay for.

I was thinking more along the lines of Champagne. Good Champagne...