PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Disney 2/28/12

Brian McFan
01-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Even though there's no longer an ESPN Weekend, we are looking forward to our newest Disney vacation in 7 short weeks.

Now that I'm a Timeshare owner, we will be staying at the Boardwalk Resort so I'll be asking several questions about that as well in another section of INTERCOT.

I'm 6'4 and skipped Space Mountain everytime I go to Disney because I'm afraid I won't fit yet the cars look big enough in the front. I did ride Aerosmith, BTMRR and they weren't a problem, also EE and Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom without a problem, but I've been told Space Mountain is not accessible. Anyone comment specifically about this ride?

missouridisney
01-09-2012, 11:56 AM
My SIL is your height at least and he rides space
mountain every time, you may even see him there we will be there Feb. 3

Janmac
01-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Our son in law is 6'5" and well over 200#. He rides Space Mtn. I haven't heard that he has any difficulties. He might have to kind of slide his feet and legs in as he sits down. Kind of shoe horn in. :D

Jan

BigFatDaddy
01-15-2012, 01:07 AM
I wouldn't sit in the front seat. The second and third seats have room for you to slide your legs down the side. The front seat of each car doesn't.

Butters
01-15-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm also 6'4" and have little issue riding...

On a side note astro orbiters is the worst I've been on for accommodating taller people

Melanie
01-15-2012, 08:31 AM
And since the refurb on Space Mt., the leg space issue really improved. Sounds like you will have no issues! :thumbsup:

Brian McFan
01-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Any taller people ever ride Splash Mountain? Its another ride I always bypass since it looks so tight.

Erica9901
01-17-2012, 10:54 AM
My dad is 6'6" 300lbs and rides every ride at Disney. We go almost every year & have been for the past decade. Some rides are more comfortable than others, but he never misses splash mtn, and Space mtn & EE are his favorite rides. Go for it!

Butters
01-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Any taller people ever ride Splash Mountain? Its another ride I always bypass since it looks so tight.

Splash has plenty of leg room... I really can't think of any ride except astro orbiters that I've had trouble fitting in. (I did manage to squeeze in there but was extremely uncomfortable). I've even rode the barnstormer...

ronandjulie
01-17-2012, 11:34 AM
My father rides it....very tall. No issues.

Brian McFan
01-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Thanks again, everyone. EE was absolutely no problem for me. The only one I found a bit tight was IT'S A SMALL WORLD (and considering the theme, it would make sense why).

Splash Mountain, here I come! Yahoo!