PDA

View Full Version : Refurb at POR?

disneynarula
01-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Has anyone stayed at one of the new refurbed rooms at POR? Can you describe the new layout?

azcavalier
01-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Can't post the actual link, but if you go to [the] portorleans [unofficial site] they have some actual photos of the new rooms.

The "layout" really hasn't changed. Just that where the entertainment unit/dresser was is now a murphy bed/bench that folds down into a twin-sized bed. The TV is now a flat panel TV, mounted on the wall above the bench/bed.

disneynarula
01-09-2012, 09:35 AM
That bed looks really high for a small child who might roll around at night yet too small for an older child. I was hoping to put our almost three year old on the murphy bed. I might have to stick with a roll a way bed.

WLGirl
01-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Does anybody know if there is an age or weight limit for the murphy bed? We are going down in September and was thinking of getting one of these rooms. My daughter is 15 but she is small for her age.

wickedgin
01-09-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm just back from a stay in a refurbished room at POR-AB. I thought the new setup is satisfactory, though there's so little storage room (probably not that much less than before, but I feel like I noticed it more this time).
The murphy bed is about as high as the regular beds, IIRC, and length-wise, it was enough for my 5' son. I didn't see if there were weight restrictions, but I'm sure my children were all on it together at some point, so that's at least 200 pounds.