PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question

Ariel56
01-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Hi there. I dont know if this is the right area to ask about ticket info but I was just wondering about tickets i had purchased in 2008. I had bought 7 day park hopper passes but we were never able to go on the trip. Are the tickets still valid? Would i be able to get a credit or anything for them? Any info would be helpful thanks!

TinkerbellT421
01-08-2012, 09:32 AM
So when you say you were never able to go on the trip can I assume they were never used? if they have never been used you can still use them. They do not expire until 14 days after first use. :mickey:

Ariel56
01-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh ok well thats good to know. Too bad we just bought tickets again because we are going in two weeks. I totally forgot about the tickets i had.

brownie
01-08-2012, 10:59 AM
If you're not sure about them, you can take them to Guest Services to have them checked.

Buttercup
01-08-2012, 12:36 PM
I actually am in the same situation. We had an extra 2-day child pass (long story) from 2008 that we never used any of the days on. It's completely unused.
If you look at the back of the ticket, it says right there that the ticket doesn't expire until 14 days after first use. So it's still valid! I am just holding on to this child pass for one year when we are short on a couple of days' worth of passes for the kids!

LVT
01-10-2012, 05:52 PM
You need a expert for advice.
It might be better to use the older ticket first.
As the prices keep rising, the newer ticket may be more valuable at a later date.

MickeysBestPal
01-11-2012, 09:34 AM
1- You need a expert for advice.

2- It might be better to use the older ticket first.

3- As the prices keep rising, the newer ticket may be more valuable at a later date.

1- There are plenty of ticket experts here.

2- There's no reason to do that, unless those tickets offer better "assets" (park days, etc.) than the newer ones do for this trip.

3- Nope.
All new (and never-used) tickets can be used for admission and/or upgraded.
If a guest will simply USE an older (as yet unused) ticket to enter a theme park at least once, that old ticket "becomes worth" the exact same price as a brand new ticket (with the same assets) at the front gate ticket booths that very day (regardless of what was originally paid for that older ticket) for the purposes of use and upgrading.

brivers222
01-11-2012, 09:49 AM
3- Nope.
All new (and never-used) tickets can be used for admission and/or upgraded.
If a guest will simply USE an older (as yet unused) ticket to enter a theme park at least once, that old ticket "becomes worth" the exact same price as a brand new ticket (with the same assets) at the front gate ticket booths that very day (regardless of what was originally paid for that older ticket) for the purposes of use and upgrading.

From my understanding... That 2008 7day PH probably has a decent difference between price paid then and price of them in 2012. That would be a nice discount on even an AP upgrade and you get all the extra bonus's... Like TIW ($75more) and all the merchandise and room only discounts.

CleveRocks
01-12-2012, 03:46 PM
I am just holding on to this child pass for one year when we are short on a couple of days' worth of passes for the kids!
DON'T DO THAT! :noway:

Save that ticket for some unknown day when you might need only one or two days in Disney parks. Even if you think that'll never happen, hang onto it anyway, because you never know. You can even hang onto it to give to your child when he/she is in the teens and 20s and beyond and may go on his/her own for a quick weekend trip (kids tickets get a free upgrade to adult tickets when the original kid owners become adults, which in Disney terms is age 10 and older).

The reason I say to hold onto the ticket is because it holds a heckuva lot of value right now. A 2-day child ticket costs about $165.

If you have, say, a 5-day ticket and want to add 2 days to it during a trip, the price difference between a 5-day and a 7-day is only about $17.

So in this example, you'd have the choice of paying about $17 out of pocket OR giving up that 2-day ticket. Personally, I'd rather part with $17 than part with that 2-day ticket that will never expire as long as it remains unused.

Know what I mean??? :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
01-12-2012, 04:21 PM
So in this example, you'd have the choice of paying about $17 out of pocket OR giving up that 2-day ticket. Personally, I'd rather part with $17 than part with that 2-day ticket that will never expire as long as it remains unused.

Know what I mean??? :mickey:

:exactly: Good point! :thumbsup:

Buttercup
01-12-2012, 06:37 PM
DON'T DO THAT! :noway:
Oh sorry, I should clarify. :blush: We usually get a few passes free as my husband works in the media. So often, even though we get some free ones, we want a couple extra days in the park. So we wouldn't have any 5-day pass to just upgrade and "add" some days to. The media comp passes don't allow for us to add anything to them.

Yeah, otherwise, I would just upgrade my current ticket by a few days. I totally hear ya. :mickey:

ronandjulie
01-17-2012, 12:00 PM
What is an unused Disney ticket? I don't think I've ever had one of them. :mickey: