PDA

View Full Version : Crowds in parks this week.

gottaluvtink
01-06-2012, 11:35 AM
I am thinking of maybe going this week in 2013. Just wondering how the crowds are this week. Anyone there now who can help me out?

sgdisney
01-07-2012, 09:38 AM
We arrived Thursday evening. Went to MK yesterday morning. By noon the park was moderately crowded wait time for BTMR was 45 minutes. It is definetely more crowded than what I expected but not summer time crowded. I suspect that next week will be better once the Marathon is over.

MarkC
01-07-2012, 11:39 AM
I was there the 1st-3rd. The parks were definitely busy, but early in the morning and late in the evening the lines were low. On the 1st, MK had only a 10 minute wait for Jungle Cruise and Pirates was a walk-on by 8pm. On the 2nd, AK had a 40 minute wait for Everest at 6pm but by 7pm it was 10 minutes, and Dinosaur was a walk-on and Tough to Be a Bug had the smallest crowd I'd ever seen there for a show around 7:30pm. On the 3rd, DS opened early so we walked on RNRC and ToT around 9am and rode Star Tours 3x in a row with no more than a 2 minute wait. Same for Great Movie Ride. Epcot in the afternoon was very busy but nothing horrible except Soarin and Test Track. If you use fastpass and get to the parks early you can still get a ton done.

Donald A
01-08-2012, 01:33 PM
I went yesterday to the Magic Kingdom and found it to be pretty crowded. I don't know if it will "clear out" today as it is Marathon weekend. In 2008 I did come and spend a week here starting on a Sunday (Marathon Day) through a Thursday similar to this coming week. I found crowds to in general be fairly light.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
We were at Disney this week last year, and yes, we were surprised at the impact of Marathon Weekend on crowds, especially the Monday after!

Other than that, it was fairly quiet, and week we would go again.

AtlantaFalcons11
01-18-2012, 12:34 AM
I was at Disney World from 1-8-12 to 1-15-12 and Magic Kingdom was fairly crowded on weekends and during the week, Epcot was nearly empty until the weekend hit. Also HS was not too crowded until the weekend hit and AK I did not get a chance to visit. I would think that the closer to new years the more crowds but it was not too bad.

Buttercup
01-18-2012, 12:44 AM
Whenever I want to see what the crowds are like, I have a free app on my phone that updates automatically with the latest wait times at every attraction at every park. It's kind-of neat to be at home and be looking at what the wait-times are for Space Mountain in Florida! :thumbsup:
Anyway, I happened to look today and most stuff was under 20-minute waits (a lot of 5-10 minute waits). I'd say that's pretty good. :)