PDA

View Full Version : Vwl ???

Disney4us2
01-06-2012, 12:35 AM
I think DD and I finally deceided to give the VWL a try. Besided the fact I don't think I will have a snowball's chance in you know what of getting the BC at 7 months.

How hard will it be to get a studio in (7 month mark) October (Icot 15 meet)?

How big are the rooms? Big enough for a scooter?

Is it easy to get around the resort for dining and using the main pool?

What kind of views do the villas have?
Thanks,

sassafras
01-06-2012, 07:34 AM
The rooms aren't bad sized. That being said, I've never had to use a scooter, so not sure on the space element there. As far as getting around the lodge, it should be fairly easy. The main entrance is flat. The walkway to the bus stops slopes down and come out of a side door in the lobby. To get to the food court, the hallway slopes down (not really a ramp) but is wide and should be fine. Once you get down to the bottom, turn to the left and there are double doors on the right that go right out (no steps) to tables and to a walkway leading to the main pool.
Follow that same walkway and you can get to the boat dock. Hope this helps!

VWL Mom
01-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Comparing the studios to the resorts in you signature VWL studios are 356 sq ft, CBR 340 sq ft, & ASM 240 sq ft so it's a fair size. The little foyer when you enter the room should a perfect place to park your scooter.

The views are mostly trees but you could have lake or pool view depending on where you are. There is a bank of rooms in front of the elevators which overlook the covered path and trees but the rooms seem a bit larger. I usually request 2nd floor near elevator and thats where they put us. If you google dvcnews, their website has roomfinder which posts views for many of the rooms.

Getting around with your scooter should be rather easy. The back door will take you to the pools and boat, front door to the lodge and buses. It's pretty much a big circle so either way will get you to your destination.

Good luck at 7!!

Hammer
01-06-2012, 10:31 AM
I think DD and I finally deceided to give the VWL a try. Besided the fact I don't think I will have a snowball's chance in you know what of getting the BC at 7 months.

How hard will it be to get a studio in (7 month mark) October (Icot 15 meet)?

Don't be so sure you won't be able to get a BCV (or BWV) at 7 months. I have not tried to book a studio, but I have been able to get 1 and 2 bedroom accommodations at BCV and BWV at the 7 month mark, and that includes during Food and Wine. Have back ups ready, but you very well could get BCV or BBWV.

Mushu11756
01-11-2012, 10:44 PM
We stayed there in a 2 bedroom and my mother in law had to rent a scooter . You can catch a certain boat to MK with the scooter which was convenient. She had no problem getting around the resort either and we had a 4th floor room with a view of the woods which wasn't bad.

Janmac
01-17-2012, 10:52 PM
If you need to use your scooter in the room, someone may have to move the dining table a bit for you, so you can get past the kitchen into the living room. That would be the only tight spot as near as I can remember altho the living room is not large, not like OKW at all. But we like VWL better than OKW, for location, anyway.

The bedroom and bathroom seemed spacious.

Jan