PDA

View Full Version : Stitch's Great Escape

GBBT
01-04-2012, 05:55 PM
We were down the week of New Years.New Years Eve morning..about 10 to 11:30,Stitch was a 10 minute wait while all others were 45 to 65 minute wait in Tomorrowland.When is Disney going to put something else in that spot to help even out the wait times? I mean let me on Board of Directors...I have a lot of ideas.Help us!:D

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-04-2012, 06:26 PM
The one ride my DD and I completely agree on skipping during our June trip.

GBBT
01-04-2012, 06:38 PM
I've never been on it and my DW and DS has been on it 1 time since it's been open.We always bypass it.

stitchingirl
01-04-2012, 09:31 PM
if they would only get rid of the hot dog breath...:ack:

ChipNDale79
01-05-2012, 08:17 AM
We've been on it one time, I was tempted to go to Customer Relations and ask for a refund for my time.

What a horrible attraction.

TinkerbellFan16
01-05-2012, 08:31 AM
I never went on the Alien ride that was in before ir because I am a total scaredy cat :blush: but this can't possibly be a step in the right direction. I love Lilo and Stitch, but wow. This is just shameful.

mydisneygirls
01-05-2012, 09:19 AM
I agree. We went on it once and will never do it again. It was just horrible!!! What were they thinking?????

Stu29573
01-05-2012, 09:21 AM
I went on it once. I wanted to like it. I really did. However, it was terrible.

By the way, it really bugs me that they keep referring to him as Stitch. Since this is a prequel, Lilo hasn't named him yet. He should just be Experinment 626..... Just a glaring lack of attention to detail in my opinion...

TinkerbellFan16
01-05-2012, 10:01 AM
By the way, it really bugs me that they keep referring to him as Stitch. Since this is a prequel, Lilo hasn't named him yet. He should just be Experinment 626..... Just a glaring lack of attention to detail in my opinion...

I never thought of that, but it's a very good point.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-05-2012, 10:10 AM
I don't think its that bad, but certainly not one of my favorites. I do they need something else here.

This was one of just a handful of rides we didn't get to go on last trip. The wait time was 40 minutes and I wasn't going to waste 40 minutes in line for it.

ransam
01-05-2012, 11:04 AM
i went on it before when it was the Ailien ride. My sister wanted to go on it the last time it was there, as she loves Stitch. We warned her. it was basically the exact same ride, just different character. And yes, it was just a bad.
as we left my sister looked at us and said she would never doubt us again.

Davyjones
01-05-2012, 11:18 AM
My wife and I went on this ride a few years back, and we haven't went since then. It definitely wasn't worth the wait time (10 minutes) back then, so I doubt it is now. I rode the ride in its previous form, called The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, and I thought it was brilliant! You might be able to see video of it on Youtube. I was very upset when I found out they replaced it with the Stitch ride.

Anyway, they need to find another ride to put in that space. Or bring back an updated version of The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, which I think would be awesome!! :D

McLiberal8
01-05-2012, 02:10 PM
if they would only get rid of the hot dog breath...

This is really what turns this ride from bad to worse, for me. That smell sticks in your nostrils. The first time I went on it, I felt :ill: the rest of the day. Why would they choose such an unpleasant smell!? There's so many other options - Mickey bar scent:bar:? Cotton Candy? Popcorn? Anything!

cuteduck223
01-05-2012, 02:24 PM
yeah, when it was Alien Encounter, I actually really enjoyed it. But, the same ride, made over as stitch seems...stupid. we went on it, thinking..hey..how bad can it be...ummm. There was no wait, which we were shocked by, but still not detered...and well, NEVER AGAIN. its just dumb now.

azcavalier
01-05-2012, 02:32 PM
OK, i'l bite. I don't mind it, honestly. I just hold my breath when the chili dog burp comes. No problems.

Actually, technically, I think it's fantastic. The Audio-animatronic figures are *very* complex. Really cool engineering. I love the cannons as they track him spitting on the audience.

I don't think it's a great attraction, but I can think of far, far worse ones that i'd like to see gone before this one. The Country Bear Jamboree comes to mind....Tomorrowland Speedway (though my DD6 *loves* it), etc.

The one thing that does bother me is what a PP mentioned...about him being called Stitch. Lilo gives him that name, and he hasn't met her yet! It is a total oversight...they probably just decided for marketing purposes that they couldn't call it "Experiment 626's Great Escape", and said "to heck with continuity!"

Mrs Bus Driver
01-05-2012, 02:35 PM
I have done both versions. I really liked the alien version. I was ready to hate Stitch but found I enjoyed it. Just goes to show you different strokes for different folks. :mickey:

Minnie97
01-05-2012, 04:18 PM
It was a waste of time and money.:ack:

DisneyDoug2
01-06-2012, 08:13 AM
I have to agree with most people, they need to replace the ride. We go every year in January and there is never a line for it, but TS and SM will have 45-60 min waits. Maybe the new President of the park will get her act together and do something about it.

Pat Ryan
01-07-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm with a lot of the feedback... Alien Encounter was great... Stitch, not interested.

mom2morgan
01-08-2012, 12:17 AM
I went once and still feel traumatized, LOL! First of all, I was scrunched down in my seat when the restraints came down, so I ended up forced into that position for the whole ride. And THEN by 8 year old daughter got totally freaked out (wasn't good with dark rides at that time - which we didn't realize until we tried Stitch!!) and since we were both pinned in place by our restraints I couldn't do ANYTHING to comfort her except pat her on the knee. Honestly, I don't remember ANYTHING about the attraction except for that awful feeling of claustrophobic being 'trapped'. I've never felt that way on any other attraction!

lizzi6692
01-08-2012, 04:53 AM
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean no one else does. I love Stitch and I love this ride. I think its hilarious and its a must do each trip for me and my husband. If you don't like it, don't ride it. There are plenty of rides I don't like/would never go on. I don't expect Disney to get rid of them just because of some people's preferences.

TheVBs
01-08-2012, 09:06 AM
DH and I did Alien Encounter BC (before children) and really enjoyed it. Two trips ago DH did Stitch with DD(then 9). She got a kick out of it, he wasn't too impressed. This past trip we all did it and DD7 loved it so much we did it at least three times. I thought it was cute. Didn't really want to do it three times, but I loved that our youngest DD was so delighted with it. :mickey:

brownie
01-08-2012, 10:57 AM
We've only managed it once, but we enjoyed it. I never experienced ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter, so I can't compare the two. I did like Stitch's Great Escape.

Main Street Jim
01-08-2012, 01:56 PM
For this attraction's "Grand Opening" back in what, 2003 <?> (I honestly can't believe that it's lasted *this* long, really), the park did something I never expected.

Cinderella Castle....was *toilet-papered*.

Yes, I said TOILET-PAPERED...the Castle.

As if the Pepto-Bismol Castle wasn't bad enough...

Can you imagine...coming to the Magic Kingdom for that once-in-a-lifetime trip...you REALLY want your family's photo on Main Street with the Castle in the background...and it's been *toilet-papered*?

The park's response to guests who complained?

"Stitch did it."

:-\

Ian
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM

The one thing that does bother me is what a PP mentioned...about him being called Stitch. Lilo gives him that name, and he hasn't met her yet! It is a total oversight...they probably just decided for marketing purposes that they couldn't call it "Experiment 626's Great Escape", and said "to heck with continuity!"This is just one in a very, VERY, VERY long list of reasons why I loathe this attraction.

And besides that fact, it's also grossly unimaginative, completely out of synch with the story, dull, poorly done, and downright offensive in many parts.

If someone gave me ten sticks of dynamite and a plunger this would be the first place I'd head. Well ... maybe Journey Into Your Imagination, but it would be a tough decision.

:sick:

ronandjulie
01-16-2012, 01:24 PM
I used to work for Disney research. We surveyed guests coming from this attraction for the first few months after it opened. People HATED it! Nobody liked it, they just had different levels of hatred. No wait ever for this horrible attraction. They don't even uncover the fastpass kiosks. Such a waste of space. I don't ever vocalize my opinion at WDW because I don't want to ruin anybody's vacation, but I so badly want to tell people to avoid this like the plague. It's funny during this past Christmas to see people walking right into Stitch and a line for the Peoplemover.