PDA

View Full Version : Has Your Child's Enthusiasm Caused You To Fall In Love with a Ride All Over Again?

ChewyStriker
01-04-2012, 11:50 AM
I admit it, I've been to Disney LOTS of times and I definitely have my favorite rides and those that have fallen to the wayside. That was, until, I started taking my son to Disney. He just gets all the little details and has made me fall in love with some rides I would have skipped over before. He simply loves spinning in the teacups and is just in awe of It's a Small World and Peter Pan. Every trip it seems his preferences change. Touring with my little man is so fun! Anyone have similar experiences?

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-04-2012, 01:40 PM
My DD LOVES its a small world. Sigh. I mean, she'll go on it over and over again.

It still isn't my favourite ride, but once you get into it, there is so much to look at, and so many details that it is actually more enjoyable ... as long as you block out the music ;)

Ian
01-04-2012, 01:59 PM
All of them ;)

Seriously ... seeing WDW through the eyes of your kids gives you a new appreciation for the entire resort. If it wasn't for our kids, I don't even know if we would go anymore but the joy we get from seeing the kids having a blast keeps us coming back multiple times per year.

In particular, though, I'd say Small World. Both DS9 and DD5 love that ride (to DS it was the "dolly ride" and DS called it the "clock ride") and so DW and I both have come to love it again.

minnie-mouse
01-04-2012, 05:49 PM
My DDs love Its a Small World too! I have to admit while watching it through their eyes is truly amazing, it's always been one of my faves too. :thumbsup:

Kenny1113
01-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Umm...all of them!!!!! :D

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Here's the great thing - It doesn't even have to be your child.

Hubby and I went in 2009 to celebrate our 20th anniversary and we were riding Winnie the Pooh for the 1st time ever. There was a set of 3 yr old boy/girl twins in the line directly in front of us. Oh, my was their enthusiasm so infectious. They were jumping up and down and asking my husband and I if we knew if they'd see Pooh and did we know Pooh and and and and and......
BEST LINE WAIT EVER for the two of us that trip.

Terra
01-05-2012, 08:17 AM
All of them ;)

Seriously ... seeing WDW through the eyes of your kids gives you a new appreciation for the entire resort. If it wasn't for our kids, I don't even know if we would go anymore but the joy we get from seeing the kids having a blast keeps us coming back multiple times per year.

In particular, though, I'd say Small World. Both DS9 and DD5 love that ride (to DS it was the "dolly ride" and DS called it the "clock ride") and so DW and I both have come to love it again.

This exactly. I had gone to WDW 7-10 times [live locally] a year for the past 7 years pre children. And it was always fun mind you.
But it truly is a 'whole new world' [pun intended!], with children!

Just the awe when they walk through the maingates. The screams, laughter, Oooos and Ahhhhs at various shows, attractions, characters, etc...just set my heart ablaze again and again with Disney passion.

And now planning an "official" vacation, staying in a hotel, making dining reservations...gearing up to surprise them make it seem like this is our first time all over again :mickey:

I have been known to shed a tear when they smile so big at Mickey Mouse ;)

MrPeetrie
01-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Great, great post. Every one is spot on.

When it was just my wife and I going to Disney, we came once or twice a year, rode the major rides, ate a couple of fancy, QUIET dinners, and thought it couldn't get any better. When my wife became pregnant, she cried one night durning the first trimester saying, "It will never be just the two of us again at Disney." I told her it would be better, but I didn't know what I was talking about. I just wanted her to feel better. It turns out I was right. Way right.

Going with our kids is greater enjoyment than anything I can imagine. Nothing compares to my DD8's excitement. We've taken her four times (DS18mos has gone just once), and each time she's had a hot ride. The last trip, it was the Jungle Cruise. Normally, it's a ride my wife and I would overlook. But because my DD got excited, I looked forward to each ride.

On one of her previous trips, her favorite ride was Carousel of Progress. That's a ride we'd normally skip. But since my daughter loved it, I loved it, too.

So, yes, my child's exhuberance for a ride has definitely had me re-think my opinion about it and re-fall in love with it. I can't wait to see what ride she loves next!!!

azcavalier
01-06-2012, 04:32 PM
No, but it has certainly changed our "habits". We always used to skip Tomorrowland Speedway. But our 6 yr old daughter LOVES it. She giggles the whole time because "she's driving". So it's now a must-do.

Gator
01-06-2012, 04:53 PM
If it weren't for my kids, I'd never ride Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, Goofy's Barnstormer - but with kids, I love all these rides. They love them so much. They scream and smile and squeel - it's all great.

But even the airport is great. I dread the long flights from California. But on the last trip, we checked in at the desk, checked the luggage, and my 3yo son starting screaming, "TO THE AIRPLANE - TO THE AIRPLANE." It made me and everyone standing in line smile and even laugh. :D:) Seeing the world through a child's eyes....

ANG
01-07-2012, 07:13 PM
I must admit I'm not a big Nemo fan. But my son loves it. So to see his excited when we ride Nemo and Friends is awesome

TheVBs
01-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Definitely! DH and I only went together as adults once before having kids, and while we had a really great time, it did not compare to experiencing it with our kids. Since we go every two years and what they like grows, it's a new experience each time.

And I agree that it doesn't have to be your kids. A few trips ago my mother in law went with us. She hasn't been since her kids were little. She was so excited about everything and had such a good time. It really made us enjoy that trip all that much more.

ronandjulie
01-16-2012, 02:17 PM
I remember taking my Children when they were 3 and 4 and not tall enough to ride any of the "good" rides. It gave me a whole new appreciation for everything that I had passed up for sooooo many years. Now that they're teenagers, things have switched. They want to ride all of the "good" rides and I make them go on everything else! I love Walt Disney World!

darthmacho
01-19-2012, 02:52 PM
I would agree with the "all of them" answers, but admittedly, I was already a WDW mark before the kids, so I know I'm just using them as my excuse to go more often "while they're still young". :mickey:

Specifically, their enthusiasm for Dumbo has rubbed off on me, and now I consider it a tradition to kick off our vacation with a Crystal Palace breakfast, and then a ride on Dumbo.

Other attractions my kids have helped me "appreciate" more"...

Stitches Great Escape
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
Kali River Rapids

LudwigVonDrake
01-21-2012, 07:53 PM
I met up with my friend and his family and we rode Test Track. His daughter LOVED the ride and we rode it several times and I developed a better appreciation for the ride.