PDA

View Full Version : restaurant help

squijee
01-02-2012, 04:54 PM
DH and I are going in mid Feb for my bday and we have decided to try some different restaurants....what is the general opinion of Yak & Yeti, Biergarten and Chef de France? Did we make good choices with these 3?:confused:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Loved the Beirgarten - but I love loud boisterous German atmosphere and don't mind sharing table with strangers.

No idea on the other two.

faline
01-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Yak & Yeti - have dined here twice. Was not impressed on the first try. Enjoyed our second visit more and would go here again.

Biergarten - Entertainment was good, but brief. We were seated with a family who totally ignored us. Who you are seated with can make or break your experience here. Personally, I wasn't crazy about the food here but then, again, I'm just not a big fan of buffets to begin with. I would dine here again but would not rush back.

Chef de France - have three experiences here. The first was several years ago as part of the Candlelight Processional Package. I think they were over busy and I was not impressed. A year or two ago, we gave it a try again and had a great experience. We chose the fixed price three course meal which was very good. We got a visit at our table from Remy. In fact, we enjoyed our dining experience here so much we booked it again last year. This time, we had a later dining time than the year before. The food was still delicious but our experience was overpowered by the level of noise in the restaurant. It was like everyone in the place had tuned their voices to megawatt level. I couldn't wait to leave the din behind. I would dine here again but would choose a very early dinner (like our first experience) and hope that the noise level is reduced due to this.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Never been to Yak and Yeti but we loved the atmosphere of the Biergarten. The food is decent too. We did Chefs de France this past trip and we also did the price fix menu. The chicken was quite good as was the creme brulee. DS and I liked the soups and mom liked her salad. The beef short ribs were kind of blah. We also had excellent service in both restaurants. My only complaint at Chefs is the seating is kind of cramped.

akaDisneyDreamer
01-03-2012, 12:12 AM
We loved Yak & Yeti! This is one of our favorties! A must do for us! Excellent choice :)

We have only eaten at Chefs de France for lunch, but we loved it! The service was excellent and the food was very good! We look forward to going there again on our next trip. :)

Biergarten ~ we haven't tried this. Would love to try the food and see the show, but not crazy about having to sit with stangers. However, if your are the more outgoing type, I hear this is a fun place to go. Personally, I would prefer having our own table. :secret:

snowflakegirl
01-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Of the three I've only been to Yak and Yeti, but I enjoyed it all three times I've been. I've had the Seared Ahi Tuna and Pot Stickers appetizers and both were good. I love their Maple Tamarind Chicken. And the Mango Pie is worth saving room for.

mydisneygirls
01-03-2012, 09:10 AM
We ate at Chef de France for the first time on our past trip. This was one of our favorite places. Had the price fix meal also. The onion soup was delicious and we had the short ribs were very good but I asked for more gravy. We didn't hear a lot of noice, probably because we were seated in a small room next to a window and we also got a visit from Remy. We will definitely go again and I will request the window seat again.

squijee
01-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the info...really looking forward to our trip in 39 days!!!!!!!!!!!

brivers222
01-03-2012, 12:06 PM
We LOVE Chefs De France!

Now if you go there Monday - Saturday for lunch Chef Remy comes around the room to make an appearance.

I havent written my trip report yet, but here are the pictures from our last day (which include lunch with Remy at Chefs De France)

http://photobucket.com/DISNEYmoon11

PlutoPlanet
01-03-2012, 12:15 PM
I think the German food at Biergarten is quite good. It is above average by German standards. I lived in Germany for 3 years. As long as you like German food, you'll do well at Biergarten.

AllDisney
01-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Yak & Yeti was just okay on our book, but we'd eat there again.

We love Chefs de France and eat there on each trip to WDW. The fixed price 3 course meal was wonderful. I agree the noise level can be an issue but we survive it and keep coming back:mickey:

Never eaten in Germany so no input on that.

Good luck and enjoy!

Auroring Good Time
01-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Yak & Yeti is a family favorite. My son always orders the pot stickers and the honey chicken. Other favorites include the ahi tuna appetizer and a must is the wonton dessert.