PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Wonderland & Matterhorn Refurbs (merged)

Tinkerbella
01-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Hey all! Just took a look at the refurbishment post and realized that Alice in Wonderland will be closed for the good majority of the year :confused: Does this have anything to do with installing permanent walls rather than those canvas 'walls'? Just curious and sad that it will be closed for so long. That's one of my favorite rides!:mickey:

Disney4us2
01-02-2012, 01:30 PM
That would be my guess. I will be there on Saturday. Hopefully the CM's will be in a sharing mood with info.

Also the Matterhorn is down for several months. Wonder if that is to install the new bobsleds?

Tinkerbella
01-02-2012, 01:38 PM
I had noticed that Matterhorn would be down for a while too but was not aware that they were changing out the bobsleds! I sure hope that they are nostalgic like the current sleds:mickey:

Disney4us2
01-03-2012, 01:25 AM
I got the scoop from my nephew who works at Disneyland.

Alice n Wonderland is closing to do a refurb on the track when it leaves the building and goes back to ground level. Probably getting rid of the temp scrim that is there. All of this is to comply with OSHA requirements.

The Matterhorn will be closing to get some new tracks to make it a smoother ride. The new bobsleds are back stage and will be installed during this refurb.

I can't wait to see how Alice looks when it is done. Hope is looks better than the way it looks now. Also looking forward to seeing the new bobsleds. This is one of my favorites.

Tinkerbella
01-03-2012, 08:54 AM
I got the scoop from my nephew who works at Disneyland.

Alice n Wonderland is closing to do a refurb on the track when it leaves the building and goes back to ground level. Probably getting rid of the temp scrim that is there. All of this is to comply with OSHA requirements.

The Matterhorn will be closing to get some new tracks to make it a smoother ride. The new bobsleds are back stage and will be installed during this refurb.

I can't wait to see how Alice looks when it is done. Hope is looks better than the way it looks now. Also looking forward to seeing the new bobsleds. This is one of my favorites.

Thanks for the inside scoop! It is much appreciated. I cannot wait to see how it all looks when it's finished:mickey:

meldan98
01-04-2012, 01:03 PM
When is the Matterhorn closed? I couldn't find dates for it.

tinkwest
01-04-2012, 02:06 PM
When is the Matterhorn closed? I couldn't find dates for it.

Matterhorn bobsleds are scheduled to be closed January 9th through June 14th. :coaster:

Tinkerbella
01-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Oh my goodness Meldan98! I just noticed that we both live in Roseville, CA! Hooray for 916! :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
01-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Is under full refurb now. The whole mountain is covered with scaffolding and scrims. I am eagerly awaiting the June re opening.

Alice in Wonderland is still up and running. Thought is was to be going through a long refurb. Guess the dates were changed on that.

Tinkerbella
01-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the update! :mickey: I sure hope Alice stays up through February 10th when I am there with my sister

badkitty
01-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Another 916'er here!

Thanks Disney4us2 for the info. It will be so nice to get rid of the temporary bracing on Alice. It was so sad to see it cover the leaves path and it isn't very attractive.

2Epcot
01-31-2012, 11:39 AM
I had noticed that Matterhorn would be down for a while too but was not aware that they were changing out the bobsleds! I sure hope that they are nostalgic like the current sleds:mickey:

The new sleds have both an updated paint job and design, but the biggest change is individual seats and seat backs. Guests will no longer required to sit two to a seat, with one straddling the other. The seat belts are being replaced with lap bars.

Tinkerbella
02-04-2012, 10:34 AM
The new sleds have both an updated paint job and design, but the biggest change is individual seats and seat backs. Guests will no longer required to sit two to a seat, with one straddling the other. The seat belts are being replaced with lap bars.

The individual seating sounds great to me! Can't wait to see it when it's all done:mickey:

Crow
02-06-2012, 07:35 PM
arriving Sat for the first time...so im going to miss Alice, Matterhorn and Grizzly RIver? idk if or when I will visit again.

Disney4us2
02-06-2012, 08:45 PM
arriving Sat for the first time...so im going to miss Alice, Matterhorn and Grizzly RIver? idk if or when I will visit again.

Just checked the refurb schedule. Alice is not on the list. Just the Matterhorn, Columbia and GRR.

I was there this past Saturday and it was open although the ride closed due to malfunction. We will also be there on this coming Saturday. Hopefully Alice will still be open.

Crow
02-19-2012, 06:04 PM
last wkend i was there Sat-Mon, ALice was up, Matterhorn was being worked on w scaffolding up, Grizzy was closed

Disney4us2
02-29-2012, 01:31 PM
This is from the Disney Parks Blog. It shows the new bobsleds etc. Looks like it will be great. They are adding a single rider line as well.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/behind-the-wall-matterhorn-bobsleds-at-disneyland-park/

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
02-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Love that they are adding a single rider! Makes sense especially with the new bobsled configuration. Thank you Disney Parks Blog for the update!

:smickey:

eeyorepoohfan
03-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the updates! I can't wait to see the updated Matterhorn in October! The video was really cool to see them working on all of the changes. Thanks for sharing!

robnadina
03-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Has anyone heard anything about new height requirements for Matterhorn? Looking at the new design, I am worried my 3yo wont be able to ride her fav ride anymore :(

tinkwest
03-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Have been looking forward to the new vehicle configuration.

No Fastpass?!