PDA

View Full Version : Renting Points

disneynarula
01-02-2012, 04:55 AM
I know you are not supposed to post links here. I found a site that rents DVC club points and I am wondering if they are reputable. They want money just to put in the request and right now I am just want to know if it is available.

If any of you rent out your points can you send me a pm of what company you use. I am hesitant to rent from people on Ebay or just random people who rent out their points.

VWL Mom
01-02-2012, 06:31 AM
I haven't rented points personally but I understand that ICOT sponsor Timeshare Store does point rentals.

DizneyRox
01-02-2012, 06:59 AM
As far as the contract goes, you can't rent your points as a business.

So, any business doing this is just playing middle man. So, you have a person looking to rent their out, and someone looking to rent them. Having a deposit, or something wouldn't be unheard of. IF I were going through a broker, as a rentee, I would want to make sure I'm going to get paid. As someone who might rent point, I would need a guarantee that when I show up, I have a reservation.

Money makes that happen, otherwise you have the same deal going on as with the dining reservations.

Now, if you can trust the mddleman, that's a whole different question.

Pirate Granny
01-04-2012, 07:15 AM
It is a trust issue. Last year we rented a Grand Villa in March for eight days. It was $7,000 to rent. ($15,000 if I rented from Disney direct--paid for room). My person wanted all the money up front once the reservation was confirmed. It was 11 months before our trip. A leap of faith, yes, but well worth it we felt. We have since purchased our own points as we enjoyed it so much.
If you are afraid to rent directly from a person, for a few $$$ more there are a few business' that rent points. time Share Store is one of them.
Good luck and enjoy.

TheDuckRocks
01-04-2012, 11:24 AM
We have purchased rental points through The Timeshare Store and were very pleased with the results.