PDA

View Full Version : Dole Whip Magic

sneezyone
01-01-2012, 11:39 PM
I have to give you guys a big thank you! I have been visiting here for years and always heard about the Dole whips but never got to have one.

On Christmas day DH and I were at Magic Kingdom and it was rather warm. DH asked me where he could get some OJ and as we were in Fantasy land I thought of the Dole stand and that it might have OJ...DH always says he "doesn't like" pineapple so imagine my surprise when he ordered one instead of OJ...

Now all I hear is "dole whip this" and "dole whip that" and "as soon as we get back I'm going to have another one".

:thumbsup: You guys made another believer!

Katzateer
01-02-2012, 07:53 AM
:thumbsup: Glad you enjoyed and wish I was in the Florida heat right now!

snowflakegirl
01-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Oh how I love Dole Whips! Glad it was enjoyed :-)

sneezyone
01-02-2012, 10:11 AM
:thumbsup: Glad you enjoyed and wish I was in the Florida heat right now!

it's not hot right now, we have freeze watches and windchill advisories here in the Tampa area!

Jillirose
01-02-2012, 10:47 AM
On my list of 'Must Dos!' for upcoming trip, can't believe I've never had one....

goofyfan4466
01-02-2012, 10:50 AM
love the dole whips. we enjoyed our first and second and third ones @ the poly . can't wait to have it again ! my question is this , do they serve the dole whips anywhere on the cruise ships ? we are taking a cruise in july on the dream. it would be nice to have a whip while on the cruise in july. thanks

brivers222
01-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Since we aren't going to Disney this year we will have to get our Dole Whip on at the Dole Plantation in Hawai'i as we stop there on our cruise in September :)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Okay - never had one, going to HAVE to have one, but have to ask - what do they have in them??

DVC2004
01-02-2012, 02:20 PM
They are pineapple flavored soft servce ice cream. They also serve Dole Whip floats which is the ice cream in a cup on pineapple juice. Both are refreshing treats. We get some each visit.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Okay - I know I'll be getting one and my DD - well she doesn't like pineapple - so stinks to be her on this one. :)

DVC2004
01-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Okay - I know I'll be getting one and my DD - well she doesn't like pineapple - so stinks to be her on this one. :)

LOL, well I think they have vanilla too or vanilla-chocolate soft serve twist.

brad192
01-02-2012, 05:08 PM
The floats are awesome, with the taste contrast of the sweet soft-serve versus the tanginess of the pineapple juice! :tasty:

And they're only 1 snack credit on the DDP! :mickey:

brivers222
01-02-2012, 05:25 PM

They also have an orange/vanilla version that tastes just like a creamcicle!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-02-2012, 05:43 PM
They also have an orange/vanilla version that tastes just like a creamcicle!

See, there you all go spoiling my moment to completely enjoy something delicious as I made my 17 yr old watch. Because I'm evil like that.

Guess I'll have to get her an orange one.:)

brivers222
01-02-2012, 05:45 PM
See, there you all go spoiling my moment to completely enjoy something delicious as I made my 17 yr old watch. Because I'm evil like that.

Guess I'll have to get her an orange one.:)

Well considering the most noticeable dessert coming from aloha isle is the pineapple dole whip i am sure you can have her perched on the seats across from it and she will be none the wiser haha

Auroring Good Time
01-03-2012, 09:49 AM
I love the dole whip and it is a must have on every trip. It is so much a must have, that I had to have it when I went to the Dole plantation in Hawaii. There I had it with fresh pineapple on top, delicious!
I have been on a few Disney cruises and I have not found Dole Whip there.

JenniferS.
01-03-2012, 12:01 PM
I have never had a dole whip, but I think I want to try one on our next trip to see what the buzz about it is. lol.....it sounds yummy.

snowflakegirl
01-03-2012, 06:23 PM
It took me years of hearing about them to try one and now it's one of my must do things each trip. Delicious. I usually get the Dole Whip Floats. Yummy!

ransam
01-03-2012, 06:43 PM
are there different kinds of dole whips?

01-03-2012, 08:02 PM
I posted this back in April of 2010, enjoy at home (not the same as enjoying them in the park but still good none the less):

Found this on a google search:

Pineapple Dole Whip Recipe

If you've ever been to Disney World then you know exactly what this is and how good they are!
Prep:10m Cook:180m Servings:4

Ingredients
• 2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE crushed pineapple
• 2 tbsp. lemon juice
• 2 tbsp. lime juice
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped

Directions
1. Drain pineapple: reserve 2 tbsp. juice. Set aside.
2. Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
3. Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags. Store bags flat in freezer. Freeze 1 1/2 hours or until slushy.
4. Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream until slightly blended in large bowl.
5. Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour and serve.

mechanic
01-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Recipe sounds good. But might be a bit different since its whipped cream instead of soft serve.

LVT
01-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Even a little close will help. I miss WDW.

Auroring Good Time
01-04-2012, 01:05 PM
I bought my mom an ice cream maker for Christmas. Can't wait to try out this recipe.

mickeys_princess_mom
01-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Glad you discovered this treasure! I could sure go for one right now! :wave: :papple:

murphy1
01-13-2012, 10:30 AM
You can also pop into Poly if you are over that way and get one! I love them, too!! I kept reading about people on here loving them and like you, I was a Floridian and never paid much attention. I have to have at least one (or 2, 3...) now on each trip! I like the pineapple floats a lot too and if you like alcoholic drinks, you have to try a lapu lapu some time at Poly lounge, they serve it to you in a pineapple and it is fantastic, it's my "mommy" splurge when there
PS I used to work at Mease/Morton Plant Hospital where you live

brivers222
01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Since we aren't going to Disney this year we will have to get our Dole Whip on at the Dole Plantation in Hawai'i as we stop there on our cruise in September :)

LIES! Couldn't stay away! Dole Whip on schedule for Halloween 2012

magicofdisney
01-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Is it more of an ice cream or more of a sherbert? I had one before and it seemed less creamy than what others are saying.

brivers222
01-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Is it more of an ice cream or more of a sherbert? I had one before and it seemed less creamy than what others are saying.

its a soft serve ice cream... but I can see where it has a slightly similar texture to sherbert. Have you ever had an Orange and Vanilla twist at a Dairy king/queen? its similar to that.

But i would also compare it to a soft serve frozen yogurt in consistancy

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-13-2012, 11:15 PM
I think it's more soft serve than it is sherbert.

I used to walk by the stand and never knew there was a little bit of heaven being served there. Now I have to have at least one each trip. Hopefully more than one!

EeyoresBestFriend
01-14-2012, 12:42 PM

Last trip we stopped for our essential Dole Whip fix at MK. We had several first timers in our group who dislike pineapple but tried a bit of ours and, amazingly enough, they were the ones dragging us back for more a couple of days later. :D

So be wary, they can be converted :thumbsup:

ronandjulie
01-14-2012, 02:00 PM
I have researched this. If you buy a soft serve home ice cream maker, you can purchase the exact same mix from dole that Disney uses. You order it directly from Hawaii. It's a little on the expensive side since you need to purchase a decent machine and you HAVE to get the one that does the swirl with vanilla!

ronandjulie
01-14-2012, 02:04 PM
I have the link to order the mix in my profile.

Main Street Jim
01-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Besides the vanilla and pineapple, Aloha Isle used to have chocolate soft-serve. My all-time favorite used to be a chocolate-pineapple swirl, and every time I ordered one, the CM's gave me a hard time about it ("We only have vanilla-chocolate swirl...you can't swirl pineapple and chocolate." "Wanna bet?" :) ).

Oh - and besides Aloha Isle, there are/were two other flavors:
Orange-vanilla swirl (much like Orange Julius, if you know what that is), found at Sunshine Tree Terrace (just outside the exit of Tiki Room), and strawberry-vanilla, found at Enchanted Grove/Chesire Cafe' (or whatever it's called now), over by Tea Cups.

Button1215
02-04-2012, 03:49 PM
My husband is a huge fan of Dole Whips. He insists on getting one every time we go, even when it was freezing outside.. 40 degrees and first thing in the morning!!

mom2Z&A
02-04-2012, 03:58 PM
mmm...Dole Whips...mmm...Dole Whip Floats. Told some friends about Dole Whips as they had never heard of them.

They were "kind" enough to text us photos of them enjoying Dole Whips and Dole Whip Floats last Thanksgiving when they were there. :funny:

mechanic
02-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Can anyone confirm location at poly where its available?

Disneywarrior
02-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Yes...Dole whips can be found at Captain Cook's Snack Company at the Polynesian Resort!

ronandjulie
02-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Yes...Dole whips can be found at Captain Cook's Snack Company at the Polynesian Resort!

No Floats though :(