PDA

View Full Version : Captain's Grille @ Beach Club - Opinions?

Trev&Ev Mom
01-01-2012, 04:29 PM
We are staying at BWV in January and are looking to try some new restaurants. We have done all the favorites...LeCellier, Chefs de France, Teppan Edo, O'Hana, etc.

For those of you who have eaten at Captains Grille, can you give me your opinions? We also have ADR's at Kouzzina and Flying Fish.

Thank you!!

DizneyRox
01-01-2012, 05:26 PM
I think Captain's Grill is at the Yacht Club. It's good, expensive for what it is, but pretty tasty. We don't go out of our way to eat there, but wouldn't by any means shy away from there.

sassafras
01-01-2012, 06:11 PM
We've ate there several times and we enjoy it. For some reason, it never seems overly busy. The food is good, the staff is friendly and very knowledgable. What I like is you can take your old sweet time and kick back and enjoy your meal and they don't rush you. We've had the chef come out and talk with us several times also. Overall, we found it very enjoyable.

missymouseworld
01-01-2012, 07:19 PM
We ate there two times our last vacation while staying at the BC. Dinner was really good and the breakfast buffet was delicious. I think it may be overlooked because it is near the Cape May Cafe and everyone tends to go there.

It was a nice atmosphere, quiet and relaxing and not loud like it can be at the Cape May Cafe.

BrerGnat
01-01-2012, 07:58 PM
I highly, highly recommend the breakfast buffet here! It's $16.99/adult, and $9.99 per child, drink included. This is a very good buffet, with lots of choices, high quality food, and it's nice and quiet, uncrowded, and just overall great. We ate here on our last morning at WDW, since we stayed at the Beach Club. We had planned on just having an a la carte breakfast but when we got there, and took a look at the buffet (which includes EVERYthing off the menu, minus the lobster eggs benedict), it was the obvious choice to do the buffet. It was amazing...best breakfast I've had at WDW. And, to think that people over at the BC were paying more than twice as much for, basically, the same exact food...well, all I can say is that on our way back to the lobby, we waved to Goofy, Donald, and Pluto in Cape May Cafe, and our kids were happy with that level of character interaction.

The dinner menu looks good to me, but DH didn't see anything that he really wanted from there, so we canceled our one ADR there and headed over to the Boardwalk to eat. But, I'd eat there in a second. The menu looked great to me.

AgentC
01-01-2012, 09:31 PM
We have had dinner there twice and it has been quite nice.

They have a Prix Fix menu which is reasonable if you want an appetizer and dessert with your meal but they also have individual entrees. My husband had a steak last time that he really enjoyed.

The atmosphere was quiet and the staff was very nice and accommodating to my children.

I would go back again.

RedSoxFan
01-01-2012, 09:55 PM
We ate at Captain's Grille in November. It was one of the best meals we had during our vacation. I would highly recommend it and I will eat there again!! Enjoy.:mickey:

Trev&Ev Mom
01-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Thank you everyone!! I was a bit nervous about it, but now I am totally looking forward to it.