PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha

markatdisney
01-01-2012, 10:17 AM
We have the late dinner scheduled for "The Spirit of Aloha". What can we expect? How is the food?

TinkerbellT421
01-01-2012, 10:31 AM
In my opinion it was "okay". We decided we won't be going there until we hear some sort of update they do. It was cool to say we did it once but won't consider it a "let's do that again". The show was cute and fun, the fire guy was the best but the seating was awful. We were towards the back but the seats do not face the stage. You sit sideways and have to turn to watch the show, found it uncomfortable. If you get stuck with rude people it can be rather frustrating as you sit at a table close with other tables. There is barely enough room between them with other families and strangers and basically get luck of the draw. We had one family in front of us that was either drunk or just plain rude. Dropped a glass on my foot and broke into pieces ended up picking up pieces of glass out of my jeans all night. Thew were throwing things at each other. Pushy and shoving each other it was a nightmare. But the food was okay, didn't find it was anything to write home about. But that's my opinion. With those shows you get varying opinions. So it's worth the try to see if it is something that you like or not. Either way I am sure you will have fun to atleast said you tried it. :mickey:

DizneyRox
01-01-2012, 11:42 AM
MY advice to poeple to insist on going is to set your expectations really low. There are much better ways to burn money, including just using a lighter.

Jillirose
01-01-2012, 01:13 PM
I loved it :mickey: Kids, hubby could have cared less, and didn't enjoy the Hawaiian flavors of the foods or entertainment.

mickclub1955
01-01-2012, 02:20 PM
The food is okay, its not the Hoop De Doo. The old original show was better. We always sit in the front when we go, so we didn't have any of the problems that the above post had. I would go just so you can say that you have done it and you will never have to wonder if you missed something. The last time we went to the world we did it and are glad that we did.

TheVBs
01-01-2012, 04:08 PM
We went in 2007. We all really enjoyed the food. The entertainment was fun, but not fantastic. We sat in the back and our view was OK. We were glad we went, but haven't felt the need to go back yet. I think it's worth trying at least once.

markatdisney
01-01-2012, 05:15 PM
I think we will continue with our plans as several of you suggested just so we can say that we went (we are trying to do at least one of everything at WDW). Thanks everyone for taking the time to pass on your sage advice.

brivers222
01-01-2012, 05:31 PM
I went to the Old show and liked it.

Took my fiance to the new show (too lovey dovey of a storyline as opposed to actually hawaiian luau) and we both vowed never to go back.

We do however go to the Hoop Dee Doo every trip.

jnfr2424
01-03-2012, 06:29 PM
We did this for Thanksgiving this year and it was ok
If you are thinking authentic with the atmosphere - this is not the place
The salad was really good
everything else was cold and half cooked
I agree with pp - check out the hoop de doo I haven't been in a couple of years and I am still dreaming:cloud9: of the chicken there! yummy!!!