PDA

View Full Version : Ohana breakfast question

Terra
12-31-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm going to make ADR's for Ohana for March. They have openings for breakfast. I haven't eaten here in about 7 years.

Has anyone been recently? Are the Mickey waffles still a part of the family breakfast platter?

Is Mickey still with the characters there? It will be the first time there for our 2 sons!

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
01-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Both Mickey and his waffles will be there.

Terra
01-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Yay!! Thank you!!

DizneyRox
01-01-2012, 11:50 AM
I would highly suggest Donald's Safari Breakfast of Ohanas. Food choices are like night and day compared to Ohanas,

Terra
01-01-2012, 03:55 PM
I would highly suggest Donald's Safari Breakfast of Ohanas. Food choices are like night and day compared to Ohanas,
Tell me more! I haven't heard of that. I thought it was just all family style, no choices?

Terra
01-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Actually, what I'm thinking is doing 2 nice meals while we are there. T-Rex is going to be one. And now deciding between Ohana and Cinderella's Royal Table.

What are you recommendations?

brivers222
01-01-2012, 03:59 PM
we love Ohana... went there twice on our dec 9-19 trip :)

Mickey waffles are still there

Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch walk around several times in an hour and its a very nice laid back breakfast. Love the family style AND love the Juice!!!

Septbride2002
01-01-2012, 04:11 PM
I prefer the non princess meals so I would stay with Ohana's. My family had a lot of fun.

~Amanda

DizneyRox
01-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Tell me more! I haven't heard of that. I thought it was just all family style, no choices? Sorry, it should have read Donald's Safari Breakfast OVER Ohanas.

Between CRT and Ohanas, it would be the lesser of two Evils at CRT. Boys may not like CRTbut Ohanas jut doesn't do it for me. I just don't get the hype. Most breakfasts at WDW are the same. Soggy bacon, overlooked eggs, coffee I wouldn't give my worst enemy. Donald's is great, loads of food choices, excellent character interaction, and getting into AK early is great.

I've done them all, CRT and Ohanas are on the never again list, Donald's is a once or more per trip eal.

ElenitaB
01-01-2012, 05:49 PM
I actually prefer the quieter atmosphere and the characters at 'Ohana over the breakfast at Tusker House. Yes, TH offers more food but I prefer the atmosphere (and the view of the MK) at 'Ohana much more, not to mention the fact that the characters tend to visit more than once and also spend more time at the table interacting with everyone than they do at TH. Plus Stitch and Lilo hold a special place in our hearts, so there's that too.

Only goes to show that there's lots of choices at WDW.

Terra
01-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Thank you all! Oh choices choices!! :)

The good thing is living local, I can still try things later. It's going to be so hard to narrow it down now!

I adore the photo package included in the Cinderella one and the boy's get a sword and my oldest has been wanting to go "inside" the castle so badly ;)

I've done Ohana [pre kids] in the past and liked it.

But the Safari one sounds right up a "boys" ally!

murphy1
01-13-2012, 10:22 AM
We went to the Donald breakfast at AK before they moved it and it was awesome! Trying Ohana this time b/c Mickey and Stitch are there. I checked out CRT and since it is OOP, I couldn't justify $92 for a breakfast even if Cinderella is there, but we might to the one in Norway, it's really good. Don't know if you have looked at what you are doing at Epcot, but my kiddos like Coral Reef and the aquarium

AgentC
01-13-2012, 01:53 PM
We enjoy Ohanas. The characters there are always a lot of fun and I like the pineapple bread and sausage and my kids are happy anywhere that has Mickey waffles. :D

Tusker House is fun too. It's bigger and divided into different rooms. The characters do seem to spend a little less time at the table. There is an optional photo package with Donald. I like the food at Tusker a bit more because it has more variety, but I would go to either again.

diz_girl
01-20-2012, 02:19 PM
We just had breakfast there in November and had a great meal. Paul was our server and he was excellent.

Most people don't realize that while Tonga Toast is not included with your meal, you can order it for an extra charge (like $5.95 or something like that). It was awesome.

brivers222
01-20-2012, 02:36 PM
We just had breakfast there in November and had a great meal. Paul was our server and he was excellent.

Most people don't realize that while Tonga Toast is not included with your meal, you can order it for an extra charge (like $5.95 or something like that). It was awesome.

What??? Oh man i am learning so much stuff i could have used in december!!! I didn't want to forego a trip to ohana to eat at kona... so i just went without tonga toast. never had it before but was excited to try it.