PDA

View Full Version : Help Advice on our next Trip in June 2012

Emsparents
12-30-2011, 08:50 PM
We are looking into a possible trip to WDW in June of 2012. Can any of you who have been the first couple of weeks in June reflect on the Crowds, Weather, Pros / Cons of this time of year? We have Been in August, October, November, December, January, and May. We are hoping school works out and we can go the first week of June. Any info, tips, etc. are much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

LVT
12-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Very warm and it rains daily.
We leave by June 5, it is OK then.

Star Wars weekends are super busy at HS.
We like Star Wars, so we live with it.

Great time for water parks.

Jeff
12-30-2011, 09:06 PM
The first two weeks are not bad crowd wise, after That you are into peak summer season.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Looking forward to reading the answers - DD and I going the 2nd and part of the 3rd week of June.

cajundisneyfreak
12-31-2011, 10:45 AM
We always go the first week of June.It is not crowded.One of the reasons for that may be cause it's gay pride week.That doesn't bother my family at all.HS is probably the most crowded park cause of the StarWars thing going on.The rain in Florida is unpredictable.It's a nice way to cool off.lol We will be there June 2-9.:cloud9: Hope you have a magical time at the happiest place on earth!!! :mickey:

alaMode
12-31-2011, 05:45 PM
We went during that time 2 years ago & will be doing a repeat in 2012! It was warm but not too crowded. It did rain briefly almost everyday, but it was easy to duck into a store or under an awning to avoid getting wet. It was perfect pool weather, too.

Star Wars Weekend at DHS was fun. We aren't huge fans, but we enjoyed the celebration.

Enjoy your trip!

finaldynasty
01-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Our trips in 08,09, 10 were in June..the first couple of weeks in June are lighter than the last two weeks. The last two weeks you will run into alot of folks from the Northeast, because they get out of school a couple of weeks after Southern schools for the most part. As PP mentioned, the weather is unpredictable. There have been times where it rained twice in a day or afternoon. We usually buy ponchos from Family Dollar or the dollar store, plus we still have a few from previous trips. We take zip lock bags for our cell phones and cameras for water rides and just in case we go to a pool or water park. The other advice I would give you is to get up early, and utilize the EMH or early morning dining to get in the park early. It is usually hot even if you think 85 is not hot, try 85 after a shower. Humidity is tough. Our goal was to try to hit the major rides in the morning and any shows and other attractions indoors in the afternoon. IMO, June is a good time to go to WDW as long as you plan it out because you will encounter more people than in say October...:mickey:

MOJoe
01-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Memorial Day is the unofficial end of the "dry season" and the begining of summer vacation for many. So expect heat, humidity and crowds. That said, this is a good time to visit as the heat, humidity and crowds only increase as June progresses.
If you have been in May and August, then you should have a good idea what to expect. Not as :cloud9: as May, but not as :fan: as August.

ransam
01-05-2012, 11:11 AM
the first week of June is kind of a cooling off, getting ready for the heat in crowd. The memorial weekend is so busy, the real peak season starts the second week of June. The crowds can vary.
weather is usually hot, but not horrible.

Janmac
01-06-2012, 06:02 PM
We've been to the World in January, February, March, November and December. Our grandkids were tired of lugging school books down, so in 2004 we tried June. Since we had a couple of teens and a couple of 20 somethings, we thought we'd try a change of touring plan - sleep late, and tour into the evenings, taking advantage of MK being open til 1 am, etc. We figured it was an experiment and we didn't have to go in June again, if we didn't like it.

We weren't prepared for the high heat and humidity. We knew it would be hot and wet but we must have had a cool spring in Missouri, or something, 'cause Florida was tough. Hard to get used to it. In 2008 we went to WDW in September and had an easier time with the heat and humidity, after having a whole summer of it at home.

We must have hit a rainy spell because the rains were hours long and torrential - walkways with standing water. We did not experience the half hour rains which moved on out. We were rained out of favorite rides, and even parks. Even tho we were in the World for 9 days, we actually saw and did less than on trips of fewer days, but with a touring plan of being in the parks at rope drop.

We did feel as tho there were more people in the parks than we were used to when touring in early December and January. Perhaps that's because the rains concentrated people in more sheltered areas (stores), and in some attractions, since thunderstorms closed some rides. We encountered more crowds during our 2006 December trip and since then early December has moved to the #3 spot, after September and January (which tie).

We did manage one night at MK til 1 am but still encountered waits of more than 20 minutes for rides, and didn't really like it as much as early entry magic hours. Our grandkids decided for the next trip, they'd like December again, even if it meant hauling textbooks to Disney and parks at rope drop, even if it meant getting up early.

That's our one June experience - it was the first part of June because we got in one Star Wars weekend - okay but very crowded. Perhaps if we'd gone again in another year we might have had a more successful sleep late and tour late plan. Or maybe we'd stay with our parks at rope drop plan in case of being rained out.

Jan

Goofy Texan
01-06-2012, 10:38 PM
I like early June because of the flexibility in touring.

The parks are open early and late making it easy to do the rope drop-break-evening shows touring plan
One park has early entry every day and another has late extra magic hours every evening
There are multiple showings of the night time MK parade and Fantasmic
The weather feels like summer but isn't killer hot yet
Swimming and the water parks are all fun options that I can count on that time of year
Fewer attraction rehabs
No need to pack cold weather gear
If it rains you might be wet, but you'll not be cold and wet
Water rides are fun and refreshing

The negatives are:
It could possibly be very hot
It could possibly be rainy
It costs a bit more for rooms and meals
It more crowded than the off season (but not terribly crowded like the 4th of July)
It gets dark late. If you want to enjoy the parks after dark you have to be out late
The parks are open so many hours each day that it can be exhausting if you aren't disciplined.
That's my thoughts. I'm thinking you'll have a good time and might really like early June. Just be sure to bring rain gear and carry it with you every day to the parks - that way you'll be sure not to get any rain.

Lillabelle00
01-07-2012, 12:08 AM
I have been twice in June. Last year, I was there the Wednesday after Memorial Day Weekend. It was hot and humid and it got more crowded as the days passed. We capitalized on the extra evening hours and were able to do everything we wanted to do without much of a problem. When I had enough of the heat and crowds, we went to the resort pool. We are heading back this summer!! My kids really enjoyed the SSW so we will brave the crowds again but I still prefer less crowded times. :thumbsup:

Mammabruski
01-07-2012, 10:09 AM
We're going this June from the 16th-24th... I also went in 2009 from late May to early June. When I went in 2009 I was 7 months pregnant and it was just me, my DD who was 2 at the time and my DM. Although it was quite hot and humid (mid 80's to low 90's), I never was overwhelmed by the heat. There are so many places to cool off at the parks! Crowds were very manageable at that time as well.

For this trip June trip, I subscribed to touring plans, and right now, the crowd numbers are not bad at all. Of course I'm sure this will change the week before (this happened on my last trip - a spring break one in March of last year), and the crowd numbers will spike, but I think if you have a good touring plan, you'll be fine. I plan on getting to each park at rope drop at least once on this trip, use fastpasses (duh) and take breaks during the hottest and most crowded parts of the day.

I bet you'd have a great time during the 2nd week of June. Yeah, it's going to be hot, but September can be even hotter - you just never know. And it will be crowded, but not spring break or Christmas crowded. The impression I get from trip reports lately is that even the traditional slow times are crowded these days. Have a good plan and enjoy yourself! :mickey: