PDA

View Full Version : Resort mug tips?

McLiberal8
12-30-2011, 12:21 PM
So, I have realized it isn't feasible to use our mugs in the parks, as they might spill (we won't have anything flat, like a stroller, to carry them on).

We will be at Pop in a few weeks, and am wondering how everyone else uses their mugs?

DO you fill them in the morning, then take them back to your room? Do you take them to the parks, somehow? Are these resort mugs worth using if I am either walking into the resort (mugless) on the way to my room, or leaving my room for the parks?

sassafras
12-30-2011, 12:57 PM
We get a lot of use out of our mugs. Fill them up with tea in the morning. Rinse them out and refill with ice tea (no ice) and store in the fridge in the room until our return later in the day when we get ice from the machine. We refill them again in the evening once we return for the night. (We always have a fridge since we usually stay in the DVC villas or have one in a regular room since I'm diabetic.) We don't take them with us to the parks since you can't refill them there and we'd end up lugging them around. We have found over the years we do get a lot of use out of them plus save money on not buying individual cups of pop or tea continually while at the resort.

Katzateer
12-30-2011, 04:44 PM
I fill mine, take it to the park and fill it with ice when I eat. That way I always have cold water. If it is ice when we go on rides I put it in my pack. If it has melted I drink it or dump it out and put a paper towel or napkin inside it to catch any water left.

And I bring a large baggie to put it in so other items in my backpack don't get wet. I actually ave everything in my backpack in large or small baggies. Been caught out in the rain a few times at WDW.

frozman
12-30-2011, 10:21 PM
For me it tends to depend on how far my room is from the Food Court. Last time when I went and stayed at All Star Sports, my room was very close to the Bus Stop and Food Court (but not so close as to cause noise problems). So in the morning I'd trek over there and get breakfast and a soda with my mug, and fill up one more time and and take my mug back to the room, kind of sipping here and there. Then if I took a mid day break, I'd go back to the room and grab it, finish what was left from the morning and get a refill or 2 and finish right away and fill up for the road again.

Now when I stayed at POP, I think we tended to take our empty mugs with us to the parks so as to save a walk back to the food court as we were just so far away from Classic Hall.

LVT
01-01-2012, 05:02 PM
We use the mugs at breakfast at the resort.
Midday Break at resort.
Evening at resort.
1 person get to run mugs to the room in the morning when breakfast is done.
We stay at least 10 days, so we get our fill. We drink water otherwise.

Kathy Jetson
01-01-2012, 09:13 PM
I fill mine with coffee in the mornings and I drive to the parks so I bring it in the car and finish it befor I get out of the car then leave it in the car. In the evenings I always get hot chocolate from the food court if its still open befor bed.

Mrs Bus Driver
01-03-2012, 07:36 AM
If you are not a big soda fan you could take your empty mug to the parks and have them fill it with water and ice at the snack and counter service stands. I always like having water and don't want to pay $3 or more for it. :mickey:

iheartdisney
01-06-2012, 07:55 PM
I fill mine, take it to the park and fill it with ice when I eat. That way I always have cold water. If it is ice when we go on rides I put it in my pack. If it has melted I drink it or dump it out and put a paper towel or napkin inside it to catch any water left.

I love this idea! Something I've never thought of. Thanks for sharing this!