PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Plans/Traditions?

DVC2004
12-30-2011, 10:45 AM
What are you doing, New Year's Eve?

Well, we are staying home with our family. Hoping for a quiet, relaxing evening. Usually that is what we do. I figured we'd have some fondue and then shrimp scampi pasta. Probably watch movies and play some games together.

What are your plans? Do you have any traditions going?

Everyone be safe and enjoy!

Disney4us2
12-30-2011, 02:29 PM
We are staying in. It is just my father, my DD and me, and that is just fine.

I bought snack type foods for later in the evening. Fresh shrimp and coctail sauce, pizza, egg rolls, etc. I am also making sugar free brownie bites and sugar free banana cream pie. We will be eating healthier for our dinner. Love the appetizer foods for snacking though.

Probably play games on the Wii. Got DD the uDraw and a pictionary game for it. Watch the ball drop. I love nice quiet celebrations.

Happy New Year:newyear:

Dopey's Girl
12-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Every year I get together with one of my best friends and her kids and we do our Christmas. We are doing appetizer dinner (thank you pinterest for some new ideas) opening gifts and watching movies. Pretty low key, but always so fun! We have a no jeans rule, comfy clothes only. Can't wait!

Happy new year all! I hope 2012 brings you all kinds of joy!

TheVBs
12-31-2011, 08:54 AM
We have a quiet evening at home as well. Not worth it to us to go out.

princessgirls
01-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Going out with friends and their kids to the Outback around 6pm and then NYE party at a neighbor's home (we all live in the same neighborhood). Home by 12:15.

Have come to enjoy this tradition, as the kids enjoy NYE!!!

Julie:mickey:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-03-2012, 11:08 AM
NYE - we stay home, watch old B Horror Flicks - Think Attack of the Slug Monsters - and generally head to bed shortly after midnight as I'm not as young as I used to be.

NYD - we turn on the Rose Parade, last year we got to see our son marching with his college band and on HGTV, they were right on his face for several minutes. We then pull out board games, card games, and other games and play the day away.