PDA

View Full Version : Little Details Every Trip

SandmanGStefani24
12-30-2011, 02:58 AM
While getting things together for my next trip, keep thinking about all the little details I love so much about my trips to WDW..

Here some random faves,,

The spinning globe in Tomorrowland

Mini Epcot inside TTA

The different language greetings in Epcot's WS

Toll Road 417

Honking the horn while passing under the "Welcome" sign

Chatting with random people at the resort poolside bars...

WDW soaps at resorts

Could go on forever...but now it's your turn!
:beer:

Dopey's Girl
12-30-2011, 05:21 AM
Fun!

The music changes between park and resort. So subtle, but fun.

Hidden Mickeys.

CM's at MK waving goodnight from the train station at park close.

The purple street signs.

Samples at Ghiradellis.

ryca1dreams
12-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Fun!

The music changes between park and resort. So subtle, but fun.

This is my favorite. Not only is the music themed to each area of the parks, but each attraction pavilion usually has its main music playing in different versions or similarly themed music throughout. Resort music is also really nice and subtle. To me that's one of the big things that sets Disney apart - setting the mood with music. (there are other things of course)

ChewyStriker
12-30-2011, 09:53 AM
This is so true! I think it's all the little touches that truly makes Disney stand apart. My son is a big fan of fountains, so we always spend some time at those. I also really enjoy the topiaries and the music piped in at the parks - and at the resorts. I think my favorite is the "tropical" music they play at Old Key West! :mickey:

disneymom15
12-30-2011, 10:18 AM
I'll add one of our favorites. We like the fiber optics in the walkways at Epcot.

Jillirose
12-30-2011, 10:49 AM
I'll add one of our favorites. We like the fiber optics in the walkways at Epcot.

One of my favorite things! I keep trying to get my husband to put the fiber optic lights in our sidewalk....

clausjo
12-30-2011, 11:33 AM

This is one of our favorites, too! When we took our son when we was little he called it pixie dust and tried to pick it up, he was about 3 at the time. We got a picture of him trying to pick up the pixie dust when we were there last February - he's 12 now!

darthmacho
12-30-2011, 12:14 PM
I was thinking of subtle details that you might otherwise miss, and I thought of one I caught last trip on It's Tough To Be a Bug. At the end of the show while people are screaming about the bugs crawling under their chairs, the MC encourages parents to...

"Take your small grubs by their grubby little hands..."

as they exit. Sorry it's not verbatim, but there was so much screaming and chaos, I didn't quite catch it, thought this was the first time I caught it at all even though we watch this every trip.

Altair
12-30-2011, 12:50 PM
The signs above the doors before you enter the theater for Mickey's Philharmagic say "Caution: Doors Open Automagicly.":mickey:

ryca1dreams
12-30-2011, 01:30 PM
One other thing I remembered are the little references to Twilight Zone episodes in the library in the Tower of Terror. They are hard to see, but if you look closely they are there. One was a book titled "To Serve Man". There were others but I can't remember them.

A Big Kid
12-30-2011, 02:21 PM
One of my favorite things! I keep trying to get my husband to put the fiber optic lights in our sidewalk....

Don't tell me I am the only person who has gotten on his hands and knees trying to figure them out.

Trev&Ev Mom
12-30-2011, 05:18 PM
"Por favor mantagese alejado de las puerta"s...monorail greeting

The Mickey Mouse Club music the bus plays as it enters the Magic Kingdom

...and just the general happiness of just being at WDW :cloud9:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Little Things - The pure joy on a child's face when they see the castle for the first time during a visit (whether big or little, your child or a stranger's).

The flowers all over all the parks.

The towel creations in the resort rooms.

All the Happy and Congrats wishes given and received to those wearing special buttons.

Being able to eat without worrying about food and allergy issues.

SandmanGStefani24
01-01-2012, 08:57 PM
I can't believe I forgot the fiber optics in Epcot at night! :number1:

I love those so much I took a picture of them once. It's nothing anyone but a WDW fan could ever decipher! :D

I also love the music that seems to just suddenly appear as you turn corners. I notice it more in Epcot than at the other parks, but it is always a welcome sign that you are entering a new "land".

I also have to add the channel that all TVs go to when you first walk into your room. I love hearing that so much as I set my bags down!

eire
01-01-2012, 09:06 PM
The little gifts and experiences given to you when you are a birthday guest- so fun!

squad51
01-01-2012, 10:20 PM
The sounds of the engines on the buses.

The horns on the boats and ferries.

Stopping your car right next to the sign that says "no stopping".

Passing all those people in their cars who did not stay on grounds.

The smell of fireworks at Epcot, MGM, and MK.

THAT'S IT, I WANT TO GO RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

snowflakegirl
01-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Well if I wasn't seriously craving a dose of Disney before, I definitely am now.

I am also a fan of the fiber optic walkway in Epcot. I usually end up standing there for a few minutes just enjoying it every trip.

I love all the little details of music and the Ming in the lands that bring you from one place and transition you into another. I love the music at the resorts.

I love all the different flowers, plants and topiaries.

Coffee and a chocolate croissant from the Main Street Bakery first thing in the morning, watching the people hurry down the street to their destinations,

The reisling wine selection in Germany.

The TTA and the little Epcot model inside.

Hidden Mickeys.

There are so many little details that I love! I could just keep going and going.

MrPeetrie
01-02-2012, 09:37 AM
I love this post. And these are just a handful of reasons that those of us who "get it" return over an over again. Here's one my wife caught last trip:

We were there in October and the Magic Kingdom was done up for Halloween. In Town Square, there were scarecrows in costume. It turns out, they were wearing cast member outfits from different lands and rides in the Magic Kingdom. Very clever. Very subtle.

PlutoToo
01-02-2012, 09:53 AM
The fact that there is so much detailing that no matter how many times you've been there is always something new to see. We were at AK this last time and I saw a stone gorilla I swear I'd never seen before and it was not hidden!

IamBelle
01-02-2012, 04:40 PM
There are so many things I love about WDW!
Eating sticky buns from the Main Street Bakery in MK while watching the trolley "welcome" show go down Main Street.

The little details around World Showcase, like the gondola in Italy, and the easel in France.
The sounds coming from the upstairs windows of the Main Street buildings.
The nods to former attractions...like Mr. Toad handing over the deed to Owl.
The surprise when you spot a rare character.
The cast members who wave goodbye from the fountain in Future World.
Watching people drinking the Beverly for the first time.

disneyfan328
01-02-2012, 05:55 PM
"Por favor mantagese alejado de las puerta"s...monorail greeting

we love this so much that I have this as my test message alert on my cell phone and so does the hubby!

I love how even thinking about going back to disney give me butterflies and I can think of soooo many things that make me love it. People ask my why we keep going back - why don't we try somewhere else?? I say I don't think there is anywhere in the world that can make my whole family feel so special, welcome and as loved as Disney does!

WDWCrazyKaren
01-03-2012, 08:50 AM
My favorite thing to see is the huge stack of blue Disney bags on the table in our resort room. :cloud9:

Auroring Good Time
01-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Hearing the singers on Main Street singing "I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A." The jumping fountains in EPCOT.

ransam
01-03-2012, 10:33 AM
laying in bed the night before you leave, not able to sleep.

getting on the airplane and it taking off to Disneyworld.

Watching the movie on the Magical Express....might be my favorite

Getting off the bus for the first time at MK on your first day.....walking down the walk way, and then going through the front gates, w/ the ferry to your left and you're approaching the booth where they check your bags, and you know you're home....and a whole new set of memories awaits you.