PDA

View Full Version : POR refurbished rooms

We LOVE Disney
12-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi

We will be staying in a preferred building at POR and I'm not even sure the room we have will be refurbished yet when we go at the end of June this year. But, I have a question for anyone who has been in a refurbished room. How was the storage? I am VERY concerned about what looks to be a major lack of storage! When they had that TV/dresser combination we used ALL of those drawers and the shelf space on both sides of the TV. Now that the TV is on the wall the the pull down bed is under it, I'm not sure where we will put all of our stuff.

There are 5 of us and we will be there for 2 weeks and I will go crazy if I have to live out of the suitcases!! One of my thoughts was to maybe bring one of those hanging sweater holders that you put in closets and use that somehow. I already bring a shoe holder for toiletries etc (works VERY well!!).

Anyway, any input from anyone who recently stayed would be appreciated :mickey:

Patricia
12-29-2011, 10:09 AM
There are 3 drawers under the pull down, they've been described as large. You still have the closet shelf in the sink area and now a shelf under the sink. Not as much storage, but some.

I like to pack (or you could buy there if you have a car) cheap flat plastic hangers and hang my clothes. If I don't have room to take the hangers home it's not a big deal. The hanging sweater shelves could be a help for more folded items.

andmomlau
01-02-2012, 09:00 PM
My husband and I just stayed in a refurbed room in early December...it was absolutely beautiful!!!! We were only there for 3 days, and it was only the 2 of us...so there was no problem with space. I know that there is a good deal of room to hang things in the sink area...not sure how many drawers there are...we didn't use them! You will love it...ENJOY!