PDA

View Full Version : first week in jan crowds...

kbean
12-29-2011, 06:57 AM
Anyone know how the crowds drop off around the first week?
thanks

Altair
12-29-2011, 07:04 AM
It drops off the first day kids go back to school, this January it's the 3rd. Marathon weekend is the first weekend of the month and that spikes attendance a bit and MLK day the next weekend will also spike it a bit.:mickey:

MickeysBestPal
12-29-2011, 08:28 AM
It drops off the first day kids go back to school, this January it's the 3rd. Marathon weekend is the first weekend of the month and that spikes attendance a bit and MLK day the next weekend will also spike it a bit.:mickey:

Don't speak too fast.

THIS year many kids won't return to school until a week later than usual.

Disney is gearing for higher crowds than usual the first week in Jan. of 2012.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-29-2011, 08:29 AM
We were there the first two weeks of January 2011, and crowds got smaller each day, but then there was a spike for the marathon weekend.

Last year, they gave all of the marathon runners a free ticket, so the Monday was just a zoo.

But, a zoo in January is still a lot quieter than a zoo in July!

It is my favourite time to go, but DD and DH prefer it to be warmer (especially DD who swam in some frigid weather last year).

greengeen
12-29-2011, 08:31 AM
The school start dates vary from district to district, county to county, state to state! In our district it's January 5. In some it's as late as January 9. So there's no telling... but last year, we noticed that the first week of January (2-8) was quite busy.

Melanie
12-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Yes, this year is strange with some going back to school the 2nd and some the 9th. I'm thinking the week after new year's isn't going to be as tranquil as in the past.

Butters
12-29-2011, 10:00 AM
I've been during marathon weekend twice, each time the crowds were easily manageable