PDA

View Full Version : Eating breakfast in room really saved us money

kottesen
12-28-2011, 10:14 PM
We also did not get the resort mugs. For us, it would have been a huge waste of money as we were only at the resort to sleep.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Eating breakfast in the room not only saves money, but it can save a lot of time too! It is something we do most mornings at Disney (except when we have those yummy character breakfasts).

The mugs are a good deal, if you're going to use them. On our last trip we didn't get them, and just brought our own drinks with us, was much easier! But, I'll never go in the hot summer without the mugs!

disneynarula
12-29-2011, 09:29 AM
We always eat breakfast in the room. My kids are cereal eaters anyway and it would kill me to buy one serving of cereal for the same price as whole box.

As someone else said... it also saves tons of time. We get the kids breakfast and then we get ready for the day when they are eating.

We never get the mugs. We always try to stop and buy bottled water at a grocery store and drink that during the day. That saves tons of money too.

DVC2004
12-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Usually we eat every breakfast in the room. Bagels or cereal...it definitely saves time and money. Once every few trips we have one nice sit down breakfast, but we prefer to splurge on a nice dinner instead most of the time. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
12-29-2011, 11:35 AM
We have always done breakfast in the room, with the exception of one character breakfast, and one non character breakfast each trip. For us the main reason is the amount of time it saves. Also the fact that I hate hectic mornings, and the food courts/CS locations at the resorts are definitely hectic. Breakfast in the room is so much more peaceful!

Terra
12-30-2011, 09:35 AM
It really does save money! Though we are local, I do weekend trips from time to time and am planning a 4 day vacation in mid March. I actually pack the kiddos lunch/snacks as well. They are 3 and 5 and generally don't "get" the magnitude of Disney food [especially EPCOT] yet :) They love having some PB&Js and chips, fruit leathers and juice. Typically we'll eat a good dinner somewhere though :)

I'm thankful Disney is kind enough to let you bring in your own food/drinks. That allows my family to spend more 'in the parks' on merchandise and such! Not a bad marketing ploy ;)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-02-2012, 02:31 PM
We too usually would eat breakfast in our room. We stop at the grocery store and pick up muffins, cereal, milk & juice. My sis would bring a cooler on wheels when we stayed somewhere without a refrigerator and we'd fill it with ice to keep the milk & juice cold. Saves time & money. That way we could have a nice lunch & dinner.

Septbride2002
01-02-2012, 06:35 PM
I think that is one of the easiest money saving tips for traveling to WDW. Eat breakfast in the room. We usually pack the Jif to Go Peanutbutter and a pacakage of bagels in our suit case. Also Oatmeal packets and granola bars make great choices as well.

Right now while our kids are little we also eat lunch or dinner in the room as well (depending on schedule). I buy a few of those Chef Boyardee meals that can be microwaved and bring those. They like to eat stuff that is familiar to them after eating resturant stuff for a few days.

~Amanda

Frog
01-04-2012, 10:22 AM
we take pop tarts, cereal bars and caprisuns. Very quick and affordable! Wife and I are not big morning eaters anyway... Very good tip to make a trip more affordable!

Katzateer
01-04-2012, 10:48 AM
We normally only eat breakfast "out" one non-park day.

We bring granola,nuts, juice packs and take the first bus from the resort to whatever park we are going to that day. Fill up our mugs or bring a water bottle. Normally we have 30 or less minutes waiting and eat and get organized. nice getting to the parks at opening

Saves a lot of money on food. We book a nice lunch or dinner and snack for the other meal.