PDA

View Full Version : If you like potatoes, Rose & Crown is for you!

kottesen
12-28-2011, 09:40 PM
DH had shepherd's pie and my teen son had Bangers and Mash. Both of them raved about their meals, especially the potatoes. I had the fish and chips because I just love it.
Also, the toffee pudding was absolutely delicious!

Hair_Razor
12-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Also check out the shepard's pie at Ragland Road! Yum! I will have to try the R&C I usually do fish and chips too.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-29-2011, 08:34 AM
I would like to try it one day:mickey:

DVC2004
12-29-2011, 09:47 AM
We love Rose and Crown- finally tried it a few years ago and everything was wonderful! Also the best: the potato and leek soup. I am not a soup person, but I can't rave enough. We each get a bowl when we go.

NJGIRL
12-29-2011, 11:07 AM
I had some kind of potato side dish and another string bean side dish (I am a vegetarian) and both were very good. Had the soup and love it. I also had the toffee pudding (not what I expected) and that was really good too!

But for me that restaurant was a little too loud plus the fact they tried to seat us outside on a cold November night! I had made reservations 6 months in advance for four people.....walkins were being seated inside :confused:. The management was terrible, but I finally got my point across and we were seated inside after waiting 30 mins after our ADR and having walkins seated before us with no wait. That is one place we tried and probably won't be back not because of the food but because of the service.

ElenitaB
12-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Rita, maybe they had their wires crossed: many people (even on cold evenings) feel that the outside tables are the ones to have for their prime Illuminations-viewing location.

Glad the food was good though!

LVT
12-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Sorry, but for us the outside tables are the best. If it is anywhere near time for illuminations they are filled fast.

Hull-onian
12-31-2011, 03:02 PM
We went there for desert, and it was excellent. It was enjoyable as we sat outside and watched Illuminations. We had good seating, and they didn't try to rush us out. It was a good time......Rose and Crown for us:mickey: