PDA

View Full Version : Summer in December.... really???

Disney4us2
12-28-2011, 04:10 PM
December is supposed to be colder, even by California standards.

We are having a mini warm spell. It is in the 70's and no need for jackets during the day. What happened to winter. I actually turned on the air conditioning yesterday since the house was so hot. I love the heat, but am ready for the cooler weather.

On a plus side, it looks like it will be a great day for the Rose Parade.

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Last year we left Minnesota for WDW the day after Thanksgiving, driving to the airport in a snowstorm. We returned to cold weather and several feet of new fallen snow.

Yesterday, I was running from my car to the stores without a jacket on. Actually hit 52 the other day (a record) but has been settling in around the mid 30's (should be around 20). So we are in a warm spell. And.....no snow, officially a brown Christmas :(

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Please send winter!! It has been crazy warm here ... I really like the colder weather and the snow.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Today in Eastern NC - we had highs in the 50s. Our lows will be in the 30s tonight. I love our winters - usually short, not too extreme, and rare snow.

Melanie
12-28-2011, 05:29 PM
So glad we escaped Florida for Texas over the holiday, where its been in the 40s for the highs. It has been crazy warm in Florida the past few weeks. Some of my friends were even swimming on Christmas day. Hate that! I do see it's cooling down a bit there though.

sassafras
12-28-2011, 06:16 PM
The weather here is nice. In the forties today, fifties tomorrow. We were thrilled not to have a white Christmas as we drove 5 hours to Indianapolis to see our sons. We've made that drive back in snow before and it was no fun. However, we left the day after Christmas and our hometown in IN had 3 inches of snow yesterday morning.

buzznwoodysmom
12-29-2011, 11:54 AM
So glad we escaped Florida for Texas over the holiday, where its been in the 40s for the highs. It has been crazy warm in Florida the past few weeks. Some of my friends were even swimming on Christmas day. Hate that! I do see it's cooling down a bit there though.

Mel, we were swimming Christmas week. We didn't actually swim on Christmas day, but we sure could have. As much as I love WDW during the holidays, and we had a fantastic trip, I would have loved if it had a been a tad cooler. We wore shorts, tshirts, and flip flops all week, and had more pool time than our last few vacations that were in Oct. and March. Crazy warm weather!

DVC2004
12-29-2011, 12:20 PM
We have had scant snow here, which I am very happy about! I hate winter and I hate driving in snow and ice. I can't tell you how many times over the past 4 years I have had to drive home from work in dangerous conditions. Not to mention my car broke down during last winter's blizzard leaving me stranded and requiring my husband to come get me (and a turned that drive home into 4 and half hours). So who ever wants winter I am happy to lend you my share!

Actually we had some ice up here over night and I saw at least 3 cars off the road this morning, including one completely on it's side. Not good.

MizMissy
12-29-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm probably in the minority, but I really do not like cold weather. I'm so glad I live in Louisiana where we have warm weather mostly year around. If temps go into the 50s, I'm miserable. I even keep a polar fleece jacket and a space heater in my office to ward off too much a/c!
The temps are in the 70s today, sunny, beautiful weather, but I would be lying if I didn't say I like the 80s better. ;)

Janmac
12-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Here in central Missouri we've had highs in the upper 50s and low 60s and overnight temps in the upper 30s into the 40s, last night.

During the 70s and 80s we'd have warm spells with daytime temps in the 60s for a week at a time, but then we'd get clobbered with highs below freezing for a few weeks, with plenty of snow. If December was warm, January would be cold and February would be warm again. Or the opposite.

Then we hit this odd pattern were we'd have all winter either be warm - mowing the yard in December - or horribly cold with lots of precip - like the big ice storm in 2007.

A couple of years ago we seemed to be back in the alternating months thing again, which means we could have some real winter weather in January if the pattern holds.

I don't mind the winter weather if I can have the warm spell respites every now and again. Sure makes the achy joints feel better. :D

Jan