PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Question

Belle_0717
12-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi all,

I will at be Boardwalk for our company's annual meeting Feb 5-8. I am staying the 9th and returning late afternoon.

Since my family has the DVC, I seem to be "spoiled" when it comes to accommodations now. Will I feel "at home" since Boardwalk has villas or will I feel like I am back at a value resort?

I have an annual pass and will be trying to sneak out when I can to hit the parks & DTD. I will be on my own at Disney for the first time since 2003 - I've been traveling with my hubby, family or my kids ever since.

Looking forward to it being me and the Mouse.
Any suggestions or comments are much welcomed!

Thanks!:curtsy:

DVC2004
12-28-2011, 01:42 PM
BW is nice, the hotel portion is actually a Deluxe resort and of course you already know there are villas there. For a solo trip, I think it's a great place to be at. You are close to dining, shopping, the whole Boardwalk scene, Jellyrolls, and Epcot. More restaurants a short walk away at BC and Swan and Dolphin.

I was at WDW solo a few years back with no hubby and kids and had a nice time. I did what I wanted for a change! ;) Also I think you will have a nice time just strolling around and also over to the Epcot countries. Also you can take a boat over to MGM from there.

Have fun and enjoy your alone time. Hope you get to use your AP alot whenever you can!

Ian
12-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Since you're staying on business I assume you're staying in the Inn and not the Villas right? The Inn is a deluxe resort and the rooms are great. You should have absolutely no issue with feeling like you're at a value resort.

But the Inn rooms are not villas. They're regular hotel rooms, so don't go in expecting kitchens, etc.

Septbride2002
01-01-2012, 04:03 PM
There is zero comparison between the BoardWalk and a Value resort.

~Amanda