PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Kinect

gottaluvtink
12-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Just wondering if others out there have experienced this game. We absolutely love it! So much fun and keeps us in the Disney spirit between trips. If you are a Disney lover, no matter what age, this game is tons of fun!

McLiberal8
12-28-2011, 12:31 PM
I love it! I could spend hours walking around the park, but my arm gets tired!

The dancing levels with the princesses are my favorite game.

DVC2004
12-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Wanted this for Christmas (and I was serious) but I think my family thought I was kidding. I'm going to buy it for myself.

brownie
12-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Sending this one to the Disney Tech forum.

meldan98
01-04-2012, 01:13 PM
I tried to talk my husband into buying the Kinect for Christmas just so we could get this game. He doesn't see the point of buying a brand new game system for just one game. Booo!

Patricia
01-05-2012, 07:55 PM
We received the Xbox and Kinect for Christmas along with this game and a few others. I look after 6 kids ages 6-9 and it's a huge hit! I'm pleased with the graphics and if you've ever been to Disneyland it's very accurate. I was surprised at how many mini games/attractions there are in it, they can't seem to get to everything, we have yet to see most of the park. I also like that the characters you meet are all true to their personalities. The only trouble with controlling the avatar is stopping and taking pictures, but I'm sure with more practice it will become easier.

One weird glitch, is when they pause the game and come back, it changes to a guest avatar.

Anyone else have this issue?

RBrooksC
01-06-2012, 09:24 AM
We already had the XBox360 and bought the Kinect for Christmas just so the kids could have this game. We went to WDW last summer and all our kids could talk about is when we are going back so we thought this could stem the tide of questions.

My son is hooked on BTMR and THM mini-games. I can't get him to try any of the others.

I have heard some reviews, esp on some Podcasts, that they are sad the rides aren't just a ride-through. Well, I can assure you, I have done the tea-cups and just watching the ride go round and round was not fun. Neither would be watching a recreation of the ride.

I have saved all the Kinect photos not for any other reason than I am playing the game with my five year old and it is fun to see our faces as we play.

I have heard rumors that all the Disney parks will be represented in this way. However, like Disney bus drivers, I have been unable to confirm this. However, I would love to be able to walk through Epcot, especially World Showcase.

Patricia
01-12-2012, 07:42 PM
We are getting better at this.. we were changing profiles instead of exiting the game and restarting with a new profile. That was messing with the avatars and the costumes the girls were wearing. Mass confusion combined with a few grumpy kids.

-If you are joining as a second player and want to add your avatar, hold your left arm out to pause and click on change profiles.

-You don't need to hold your arm up very high, lowering it helped the kids with arm fatigue.

-Also, we are finding that the Kinect can't see dark clothing very well.. the sensor works better if the girls wear light clothing or short sleeves.

dinahvixen
01-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Is there a version of something like this for Wii?

Patricia
01-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Sadly no, this game is exclusive to the Xbox Kinnect. :(

I can't think of any game that would be comparable for the Wii.

mom2morgan
04-09-2012, 06:39 PM
I couldn't love this game more! My family laughes at me because it was designed for kids, but it is just about like being there as far as I'm concerned :-)

BrerGnat
04-09-2012, 08:09 PM
We just got an Xbox 360 with Kinect on Sunday! We couldn't pass up Target's $50 gift card with purchase offer on the Star Wars system. I used the GC to buy Disneyland Adventures. I love it! It couldn't be a more faithful rendition of my favorite park! I feel a bit less homesick now.

Lizzy
06-18-2012, 09:47 AM
My BF just got me this game yesterday. I am a little behind on it, and I always struggle with the Knect. For some reason, most games, it cannot see me! My BF was able to get going, my 4 year old was doing great controlling the character. When it was my turn, it couldn't see me. My BF stood behind me and it picked him back up again. Not me.

It thinks I am a ghost :blush:

Any tips for making the Knect see you better?

BrerGnat
06-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Any tips for making the Knect see you better?

You might be standing too close. Try turning on more lights in the room and CLOSING any window shades so there is no outside light.

Also, make your movements slow and deliberate. If you move too quick, it can't see you.

Finally, try setting up a profile so it will automatically "recognize" you. I find that once we did that, it never had a problem "seeing" who was there.

Don't wear white clothes either!

Lizzy
06-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I have done all that. It recognizes everyone in my family but me, even my 13 year old who is the same height as me.

I have the same problem with all the games that use a special character. The dance games and Elmo work just fine. The special character games- Adventures, Wheel of Fortune, etc only work if I start the game myself. I do not have an xbox live account, but my BF does. He never has a problem getting recognized.

Ugh I am dying to play this game. I would think maybe it's my sensor bar- but it gets everyone else no problem. I am a ghost :confused:

Lizzy
06-19-2012, 09:59 PM
I did it! I got it to recognize me!

And now I am insanely addicted. I didn't want to stop playing. But my kids needed tending too. They were such sports, all three of them just sat there and watched for almost 2 hours while I played the game! lol :blush:

BrerGnat
06-20-2012, 09:18 AM
I did it! I got it to recognize me!

And now I am insanely addicted. I didn't want to stop playing. But my kids needed tending too. They were such sports, all three of them just sat there and watched for almost 2 hours while I played the game! lol :blush:

Yay! LOL...I do that too, but luckily, my little guy LOVES watching and thinks we are at Disneyland. He always wants me to ride Gadget's Go Coaster and the Teacups over and over again, just like when we are there for real. :D

Love this game...I haven't played too much yet, so I think I need to do some more today since it's going to be SO hot out! I haven't even ventured over to New Orleans Square/Frontierland/Critter Country area yet!

Lizzy
06-20-2012, 04:43 PM
I've only done a couple of the things. I was too busy hugging the characters :blush:

I did find the dinglehoppers though :D