PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland--my experience

Disney Hungarian
12-27-2011, 09:23 PM
I decided to get the Tables in Wonderland card on my trip Dec. 11th-17th extended to the 18th.

The cost for adding the CS/QS dining plan for 6 nights was $468 for DM and me.

We spent $408 on food for a total of 7 days. We ate what we wanted when we wanted and snacked. We did share most counter service meals. We did 3 TS meals. 'Ohana, 50's and La Hacienda. We did not eat any deserts as DM is a diabetic and I just don't like sweets very often. DM did eat the taco sampler appetizer as an entre at La Hacienda and it was more than enough to fill her up. We did do beer and cocktails with meals. The nice plus was that the card was good at the Flame Tree (her favorite) and at the Food court.

I tried to do the math on how many meals I would need to eat to cover the cost of the card. It doesn't matter now. I feel I came out ahead on the deal. The card is good for 13 months and I think I will enjoy it even more in Feb. when we return.

Anyone on the fence about the TIW, should really consider it. I personally am glad I ponied up the money for the card rather than have all of the food the dining plan offers that we just can't eat.

DizneyRox
12-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Yeah, a lot of people have been saying the same thing for a long time. Glad you found it useful...

Eating at the world is getting ridiculously priced...

Strmchsr
12-28-2011, 07:42 AM
I'm glad you had a good experience with it. I found the same thing with our trip a couple of weeks ago. Much more enjoyably dining experience than the DDP for us (and we saved a good bit vs. the DDP, too).

AgentC
12-28-2011, 07:48 AM
We love TIW too. My kids and mom are picky eaters and DDP just doesn't work for them and my husband likes the discount on drinks. :beer:

I usually consider the break even point to be $375 (pre discount). We usually hit that in about 3 meals and then enjoy for the rest of the year. Glad you enjoyed it.

Melanie
12-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Love our TIW mainly for all the reasons you listed Sean. Glad you found it beneficial!