PDA

View Full Version : Ferry Boat Magic

ColleenMcD
12-27-2011, 12:22 PM
When I was 8, I remember riding the Ferry Boat to the MK and that magical moment when the earth spun and THERE IT WAS! For that trip, we stayed off property.
My second (and last trip) was 8 years after the first - stayed at AllStar Sports - and I remember riding the bus to the TTC and catching the Ferry to Expereice the magic again.

Planning a trip in Aug '12 with my parents and 2 DD (7 and almost 5) for their 1st visit.

I really want to enter the MK the first day by Ferry. We are staying at Port Orleans-Riverside.
The Grandparents do not think it is possible to catch the Ferry if you are staying on property.

So here is the questions:
1) Still Possible?
2) Worth the extra time and transfers?

Scar
12-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT!

Assuming no car, just take a resort bus to Epcot, and then the monorail to the TTC. To relive (and hopefully give) a special memory, definately worth it.

If you have a car just drive to the TTC.

DVC2004
12-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Yes, any guest ( onsite or offsite) can take the ferry. You board at the Ticket and Transportation center. :mickey:

Scar
12-27-2011, 12:41 PM
The Grandparents do not think it is possible to catch the Ferry if you are staying on property.
Your parents are probably refering to the fact that resort buses no longer run to the TTC, but you can certainly still get there.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Scar is 100% right!

If you have a car, just drive to the TTC and take the ferry from there. Otherwise, the Epcot route will take a few extra minutes, but will give two great Disney experiences ... the monorail AND the boat ... it will be a neat way to start the trip. :boat:

Your grandparents are right, in that if you take the bus from the resort to MK, you skip the TTC all together and are dropped off at the front of the park.

Dopey's Girl
12-27-2011, 01:17 PM
We rode the ferry our first trip to MK too (I was also 8) and always are sure to take it at least once per trip to recreate our first photos. Love it!

We stay on property and do just as Scar suggested. Go to Epcot, take the monorail, then the Ferry. It's not the fastest way to get to MK, but well worth it IMO.

LVT
12-28-2011, 07:19 AM
If you have the opportunity.
We try to time a ferry trip just as the Magic Kingdom fireworks start. Twice we have managed it. The ferry will start off and then stop with the rest of the tour boats to await the fireworks. I would hope it is deliberate.

ransam
12-29-2011, 05:06 PM
I just added that to my list of things i want to do.