PDA

View Full Version : New Family Member

DVC2004
12-26-2011, 11:38 AM
You may remember my post last month about having to put my dear cat to sleep after a wonderful 15 years of sharing our lives with him. Well, we did look around for a while and have adopted a new friend! My husband and I took him home a little before Christmas. He is a sweet, 2 year old kitty that we adopted from Petsmart (who was from a featured shelter). He is really great, and we are so happy to have him. Of course we miss our Sam, and we will never forget him. Our new guy is so friendly and loves to play. The shelter said he was a stray someone brought to them in October. He is so comfortable around people, doesn't hide and comes right up and lets you pet him. He runs all over and plays, too. Anyway, just wanted to share the good news and also thank you all for your support during the very hard and sad time. It was nice to know so many people cared and understood, and special thanks to all who shared their stories. It really helped.

SBETigg
12-26-2011, 11:42 AM
New kitty sounds so sweet! Congratulations. Have you named him yet?

DVC2004
12-26-2011, 11:51 AM
LOL, the name he had was Johnson which we didn't like and he also didn't seem to respond to anyway. We named him Mac.:cloud9:

deedeebee
12-26-2011, 12:09 PM
:thumbsup:

Disney4us2
12-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Welcome Mac:cat:

MNNHFLTX
12-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Congratulations and kudos to you on giving a shelter kitty a home! I'm sure Mac is in seventh heaven, being a member of your family!:thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
12-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah for new kitties! I can't wait to move so I can adopt a new feline friend! Congrats!

Dulcee
12-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Congrats on your new kitty! And its wonderful to hear when people adopt adults :thumbsup: you've saved two feline lives, his and the cat who will take his place at the adoption station.

Enjoy one another :)