PDA

View Full Version : A Disney Christmas?

Melanie
12-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Okay everyone - what Disney goodies did you get under the tree this year? Can't wait to hear about everyone's Disney treats. :tree: :santa:

Believe it or not, I only got one Disney item this year, but it's one I've been waiting for - the Jim Shore 'Justice' Donald Duck that goes with the patriotic series he did a few years back. It's the only one I didn't have in the series. :donald:

Ian
12-26-2011, 11:02 AM
I didn't really get anything Disney ... one Disney gift card from my Goddaughter and that's it.

But Santa did bring me the digital SLR I've been wanting for awhile, so I guess you could count that as a Disney gift since I will most certainly be using it to take pics in WDW!

tinksmom02
12-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Under the tree I only got the Mickey balloon Dooney & Burke wristlet from Santa--my new obsession.

BUT, I took advantage of some online sales the weeks before Christmas, and broke down and bought the Mickey pants cookie jar, and some mickey head ornaments for next year's tree.

DD 9 got some pins, Perry pjs, the Goofy MVMCP vinylmation (thank you, eBay!), and a 9" vinylmation. Oh, and the Mickey chef hat. :mickey:

DVC2004
12-26-2011, 11:31 AM
No Disney gifts this year! :( Was hoping Santa would have put a 2012 trip under the tree!

Disney4us2
12-26-2011, 12:08 PM
No Disney gifts under our tree this year.

Jessica had tons of Wii and 3DS games as well as the Wii uDraw.

I got a waffle maker and new pots/pans

My father got his toilet seat, shoe horns and hankies that he requested,

Ginger got her squeeky toys, chew chips and chicken strips.

Our Disney comes in a couple of weeks when I renew our AP's at Disneyland.

ElenitaB
12-26-2011, 12:34 PM
DS asked for new ties, so Santa brought him a nice (and subtle) Mickey tie. :mickey:

Does it count that I used a Disney gift card (which I've had for a while) to buy a D&B that was on sale yesterday at the Disney Store? I was so happy to see it available online, AND on sale! :thumbsup:

wdwnutz
12-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Jim Shore Tinkerbell shooting an arrow
Mickey Mouse Ipod cover
Mickey Mouse "new" house key
Mickey Mouse Chamilia charm

kaylamag
12-26-2011, 03:31 PM
I got a Disney Dooney and Bourke bag and the kids got Toy Story Mania and Disney Universe for the Wii.

Muppet girl
12-26-2011, 03:58 PM
My son and his girlfriend gave my husband and I the Disney Monopoly Theme Park Edition III with the pop-up Disney Castle. We can't wait to play it with the family (all our children are adults now, but we always have something Disney related under the tree). My daughter and her husband gave us a Mickey Mouse snack tray and glasses, and we gave our son's girlfriend the Disney pj's with the Mickey and Minnie logo. As we opened our gifts together, we talked about our upcoming trip together that we have booked for April for the six of us, so it was a very "Disney" Christmas for us.:mickey:

AgentC
12-26-2011, 09:19 PM
I got some Mickey Mouse cereal bowls and a big serving bowl shaped like a Mickey Head.

For the kids it was a very Disney Christmas.

My daughter got 3 Animator dolls- Pocahontas, Cinderella and Ariel. The dolls are really cute. I almost didn't want to take then out of the box. She also got a small Mulan doll, a princess castle, a pin and a big Stitch doll.

My son got a pin, stuffed Pascal, the peas in a pod from Toy Story and an Emperor Zurg gun. The gun is pretty cool.

Husband got Disney Universe and The Lion King.

Altair
12-26-2011, 09:52 PM
A Pie-eyed Mickey bobblehead from WDW my wife picked up at an auction.:mickey:

wildernesslady
12-26-2011, 10:13 PM
My daughter is currently working on the Dream and she sent me a chamilla bead to add to my bracelet. It is the shape of a ship and has the Mickey Cruise Line logo on each side. I love it although I wish she was with us for the holiday.

BrerGnat
12-27-2011, 10:17 AM
It was a Disney Christmas for all of us. Our main gift was the week we spent at WDW last week. Santa came for the kids, and DH and I scored some neat RC Helicopters, but the trip was the real present.

The kids gave Grandma a Puerto Rico flag Vinylmation on Christmas morning.

PirateLover
12-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Not much in the way of Disney this year. DH got me Toy Story Mania video game for the Wii because I always complain that we don't have enough games to play together. I got a few nice Disney ornaments- both Hallmark and actually from WDW. And then DH got me some Muppets merch-a new wallet, tote bag, and a goofy Kermit hat that he wants me to wear when we go on our mini ski vacation in February.

citizensnoopy
12-27-2011, 11:45 AM
I got two Jim Shore pieces (Cheshire Cat and Dumbo), a $25 Disney gift card, and a cross-stitch kit of Thomas Kinkade's Peter Pan painting.

jillluvsdisney
12-27-2011, 12:07 PM
My sister gave me a 40th anniversary Magic Kingdom picture frame. :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
12-27-2011, 12:53 PM
I got a Disney gift card to use for our upcoming trip from DBF :mickey:

diz_girl
12-27-2011, 04:54 PM
I didn't get anything Disney this year, however I gave both boys each an Oswald plush doll. My DS4 loves it. DS1 is OK with Oswald too, but he loved the stuffed bear from last week's hospital stay (baby is fine) more than Oswald. He (baby, not Oswald) just turned 1 yesterday.

rjmdds
12-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Santa brought LOTS of Disney goodies this year for the kids...

For DD9:
Duffy
About 7 Vinylmations
Disney World Monopoly
A Whatnot from FAO Schwarz

For DS6:
Toy Monorail with lots of mini figures
Vinylmations
A Whatnot
3 Duffy Outfits (he already had Duffy)
Song of the South Figurines (Santa apparently likes EBay)

And they both got puzzles made from pictures of our most recent trip in November!

rjmdds
12-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh, I forgot, DD also got a Dopey ornament and a Dopey pin for her lanyard.

Melanie
12-27-2011, 05:21 PM
A Whatnot from FAO Schwarz

What is a Whatnot?

PirateLover
12-27-2011, 09:14 PM
What is a Whatnot?

Whatnots are the name given to the background Muppets who filled in the scenes on the TV Show. You can build your own whatnot at FAO Schwarz in NYC and this year they also sold kits at various toy stores across the country. My husband took me to NYC to make one last year and he ended up making one for himself, too! It's very neat to own your own Muppet!

Melanie
12-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Whatnots are the name given to the background Muppets

Ah, okay thanks! Muppets..... that's all I need to know.

IloveDisney71
12-28-2011, 08:24 PM
My DD drew me a sketch of Cinderella which I love. I got a fabulous Cinderella wreath that is a one of a kind! I got a Disney precious moments figurine and two small Disney snowglobes. My family knows what to get me for Christmas. :):mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
12-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Since we were in Disney World we most definitely had a Disney Christmas. I got the 40th Anniversary Dooney and Bourke purse I've been wanting, a castle ipone cover, two bracelets from the recycled park map jewelry stand in Epcot, Laila perfume from Norway, tubes of bath bombs from Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge tshirt, a Minnie Mouse key chain, plus of course the trip was our "big gift" this year. Hubby got a Wilderness Lodge polo and a Wilderness Lodge sweater along with various non Disney items. Landon got some Duffy outfits, tshirts, and I'm sure I'm missing a few things. Collin got a few shirts he saw in shops that he liked. My boys mainly got a bunch of stuff from Wizarding World of Harry Potter, plus lots of non Disney stuff. Santa brought Ipods, ear buds, otter boxes, and itunes gift cards for the boys. We were fortunate to have a very, very good Christmas this year.