PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Dinner

FaithTrustPixieDust
12-26-2011, 08:33 AM
DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary at WDW this spring. We are trying to decide where to eat dinner that night. Kids will be with us at dinner. (They are too old to tolerate WDW babysitting and too young to be set free in the parks.) But that's fine . . . they are old enough to behave (usually) and appreciate a nice meal.

In a recent similar thread, all the suggestions seemed to have it narrowed down to Narcoossees, Artist Point, and California Grill. We've eaten at California Grill once, and LOVED it. Actually already have an ADR there for that night, but you've now got me wondering about these other 2 restaurants. Do either have fireworks viewing opportunities, like California Grill?

Thanks!!

SBETigg
12-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Narcoossee's does have the lights dimmed for fireworks and you can see some from some tables, but mostly everyone who wants to see them goes out to the deck around the restaurant and that can obstruct the view from the tables. Narcoossee's has good food and service, and is a nice quieter place to eat with a relaxed elegance. I prefer the views and more of a wow atmosphere at California Grill. Also, there's a little more variety to the menu at California Grill, though all three of your choices are good ones, with creative chefs and good food.

DVC2004
12-26-2011, 03:35 PM
You won't be able to view fireworks from inside at Artist's Point. With CG and Narcoossee's you can. I like all 3, but I would say Artist Point would be my last choice. Last time we dined there we were seated at the first table in the little enclave right as you enter the restaurant and right next to the check in podium. We really felt removed and couldn't see the rest of the dining area. It really ruined the experience for us.

CG is great and Narcoossees is very good, more geared towards seafood. We really love Jiko at AK too (fine signature dining, not the buffet) but you won't see fireworks there. Great food though.

RAIDER
12-27-2011, 04:15 AM
You have to go for the CG its by far the best and ask for a window seat ...Have fun:thumbsup: