PDA

View Full Version : Episode 27 - A Flight of Meatloaf - The Holiday Edition

John
12-24-2011, 04:31 PM
INTERCOT Insider LiveEpisode 27 - A Flight of Meatloaf - The Holiday Edition

The Cast: Gary, Mel, John, Jeff, Ian, Michael & Carol

- - - -

Brought to you by:Magical Journey’s - http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com

The Official Ticket Center -http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC

- - - -

It’s a full house - 7 of us onboard for this episode

DVC Talk - Grand Floridian Villas are coming in late 2013. The group talks about their GF experiences. Some like, some don’t.

Monorail Resort discussion

DVC head dismissed and then given a consulting deal and a letter of recommendation. Ian’s cheese is steamed.

Huge DVC dues increases

Starting in January - you can book DVC online

Tables in Wonderland available to DVC members without AP

Disneyland DVC

Harry Potter expansion in Hollywood and Orlando

Comedy Club players coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and former Sounds Dangerous location.

Run Disney Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Race

INTERCOT’s Best of Bar / Lounge / Hangout.* Ian - Jellyrolls. Michael - Rose & Crown / Hearthstone. Gary - Territory Lounge. Carol - Tambu Lounge.* Jeff - Yak and Yeti. John - California Grill. Mel - Tune In Lounge.

Android Cases appear

Disneyland update

Prep and Landing

Ian’s & Jeff’s trip reports

Gary’s trip to the Kennedy Space Center and the Vehicle Assembly Building

More... (http://intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2011/episode-27.asp)

Fangorn
12-25-2011, 12:58 AM
OK, so you know you're seriously warped when it's Christmas Eve, DW is baking cinnamon rolls (which rival ANY cinnamon rolls ANYWHERE) and watching "White Christmas"; the children are flung across the planet in Afghanistan, Florida, New York and here in Oregon; the 4 yo granddaugher is trying hard to get that one more "sleep" in before Santa comes; and me: I'm in the living room wrapping presents and listening to an Intercot podcast.

Thanks y'all for keeping me company on this Christmas Eve. Another fine podcast with folks I've come to think of as friends (and whom I hope to meet in person in October).

Love the picture of everyone on Twitter. And Gary, you look perfectly normal to me - but then my Santa hat has Mouse ears.

Have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year.

Steve

:mickey:

Melanie
12-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Steve, glad we could keep you company and we look forward to meeting you in October as well. :thumbsup:

Now, about that pic.... :nono:

dpamac
12-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Love the picture of everyone on Twitter. And Gary, you look perfectly normal to me - but then my Santa hat has Mouse ears.

I wore them again on Christmas Eve to my sister's house (we're a big Irish family, with all my brothers and sisters and their kids and their kids's spouses we're up to 40 something people) and my sister said exactly the same thing Mel did. "I can't take you seriously when you're wearing those antlers."

I should have worn the Boba Fett helmet.

Fangorn
12-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Outside of work (and I may be deluding myself with that even), I don't know that I've been taken seriously since the Carter Administration.

And since it was a gift from my daughter, I got to wear a Perry the Platypus shirt on Christmas.

:mickey:
Steve

wildernesslady
12-27-2011, 01:05 PM
That was another great podcast. Thanks for investing your time in them. Happy Holidays to everyone.

MO-5
12-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Another great podcast! I love the interaction between the group. Melanie, your laugh is infectious! I'm already looking forward to the first podcast of 2012 and maybe a VIDEO podcast some day(???)

Happy New Year to all!

Jim

Septbride2002
12-29-2011, 04:21 PM
I love the screen shot! Carol honey, you look bored ;)

Great podcast as usual guys!

~Amanda

diz_girl
12-30-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks for another stellar Podcast. Having all seven of you kept me laughing the entire time.

I enjoyed the extended DVC news, as there was lots of news that broke in a very short period of time.

I especially loved how the 'Best of' morphed into Mel's guessing the answers, which morphed again into a Super Password themed 'Best of'.

Of course, from listening to the Podcasts, we are all aware of Mel's disdain for Illuminations. When I visited last month, I swore that it changed, and not for the better. The torches didn't light individually around the lake like they usually do, and I swear that the five minutes in the middle where it was just the music and the spinning globe was just plain boring. And not as many fireworks. It was definitely different.

Thanks to Gary for the nerd update. We are planning to visit the Kennedy Space Center on our next trip to WDW, and your news about the VAB tour is quite useful. Hopefully, the Space Shuttle will be on display when we visit.

BTW - The Podcast now has 20 reviews on iTunes, since I finally added mine.

Carol
12-30-2011, 04:51 PM
I love the screen shot! Carol honey, you look bored ;)

Great podcast as usual guys!

~Amanda

Not bored. Just sleepy. :sleepin:

John keeps us up late and I'm older than dirt. He didn't tell us he was taking shots either. :eek:

Ian
12-30-2011, 06:45 PM
He didn't tell us he was taking shots either. :eek:Umm yeah ... that was an issue that still needs to be addressed. ;)

Melanie
01-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Umm yeah ... that was an issue that still needs to be addressed. ;)

I say we demand that a posed and APPROVED pic be posted from the next taping. :D

TinkerbellT421
01-01-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm still laughing about Ian's cheese being steamed!!!!

Ian
01-02-2012, 02:20 PM
I say we demand that a posed and APPROVED pic be posted from the next taping. :DYeah, what kind of nickel and dime outfit are we running here that we don't have an official cast photo???

I'm still laughing about Ian's cheese being steamed!!!!Don't laugh ... there's nothing funny about steamed cheese, trust me on this! :sick:

TinkerbellT421
01-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Don't laugh ... there's nothing funny about steamed cheese, trust me on this! :sick:

Coming from a fellow cheese lover, I can only imagine! :sick: I was eating homemade Portuguese cheese at DBF's parents house this past weekend and all I could think of was how it would be if it was steamed. Lol!!!!

Ian
01-02-2012, 07:59 PM
I was eating homemade Portuguese cheese at DBF's parents house this past weekend and all I could think of was how it would be if it was steamed. Lol!!!!It would be bad. VERY bad! :thedolls:

IamBelle
01-04-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm addicted to this podcast!! Talking about that meatloaf made me really hungry...lol

dpamac
01-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks to Gary for the nerd update. We are planning to visit the Kennedy Space Center on our next trip to WDW, and your news about the VAB tour is quite useful. Hopefully, the Space Shuttle will be on display when we visit.

KSC says the tour will be running "at least until Summer 2012" but I'll bet it'll be extended. It's an extra $25 for the up close tour but well worth it.

Each orbiter must be processed before they can be sent off to their respective destinations. I imagine they may keep one in the VAB for the duration of the tour. They've removed external tank and boosters that used to be visible at the entrance of the visitor's complex and the orbiter mock up that used to sit outside of the launch experience is gone. They'll be building a new building and putting in a whole section dedicated to the shuttle program. Atlantis will be displayed there. If you drive down Space Commerce Drive (the street before the complex) you can see the construction behind the visitor's complex.

darthmacho
01-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Just listened to the podcast in work, and I'm still laughing about the flight of meatloaf. :rotfl:

Seriously, I'm the family cook, so I'm certainly putting a meatloaf flight on the menu. I'm thinking veal-turkey-lamb, but beef, chicken, or pork might substitute well! Obviously it will have to be accompanied by a wine flight as well. :wine:

Scar
02-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Is this episode still available? The link isn't working for me, but 26 works.

John
02-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Try now...

Scar
02-16-2012, 10:18 PM
:thumbsup: