PDA

View Full Version : epcot favorite candlelight narrator?

mechanic
12-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Mine has always been Gary sinise. Levar Burton was cool too. Just wondering who you think does a great job?

Jeff
12-23-2011, 05:07 PM
We have seen several, I too like Burton.
Gary Sinise was excellent, very dramatic.

My favorite is Edward James Olmos. Somehow when he repeats part of the script in Spanish It seems to make the spirit of Christmas hit home.

MrPeetrie
12-24-2011, 06:05 PM
I loved James Avery's performance. Very moving.

Figment1988
12-25-2011, 01:03 PM
i also like Gary, since i saw the processional back in 2007 on christmas eve, and it was the first time seeing it.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Gary Sinise, something about the way he reads it just makes the reading special.

MNNHFLTX
12-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Gary Sinise was wonderful. Also thought John O'Hurley was fantastic a few years ago.

jillluvsdisney
12-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Marlee Marlin. She signed and her interpretor spoke. My niece is hard of hearing so this performance was very special to see.

Gator
12-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Steven Curtis Chapman was great. I thought how Matlin spoke through her interpreter was cool as well.

ransam
12-29-2011, 05:08 PM
I liked Whoppi.

but my favorite was Virgina Madsen.

BowTie7
12-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Isabella Rossellini--what a wonderful voice, just magical.

Trev&Ev Mom
12-30-2011, 05:14 PM
John O'Hurley...amazing voice...we love him as an actor and my kids recognized his voice from SpongeBob and some of their cartoons!! :thumbsup:

beksy
12-30-2011, 06:24 PM
We have only seen it twice and not with any of the ones you mentioned but we thought Neil Patrick Harris did a great job. He would sing along with some of the songs and seemed to totally enjoy it. Of course Mom remembers him as Doogie Howser and is now telling everyone she saw "Doogie" which makes it special when she enjoys something that much.

ransam
01-03-2012, 10:55 AM
this thread reminded me of a couple years ago my sister and were talking about who would never narrate, but who we thought would do a good job.
then we got into kidding around who we thought would be funny. one of hers was Bobby Knight, a very foul mouthed basketball coach. My sister likes him... but she was quoteing him w/ colorful launguage...
then my mom who takes all the blame for everything and always making excuses for those around her, she quoted..."mom could do it but she would blame herserlf for no room at the inn, and then start crying"...it was kind of funny.

RAIDER
01-04-2012, 07:21 AM
I loved James Avery's performance. Very moving.

Another vote for James Avery ...He was so full of life and enthussiasm :thumbsup:

garymacd
01-05-2012, 11:39 AM
I did like Gary Sinise and Marlee Matlin. I can't remember who else we saw in the past. This past year we were going and had a choice of two narrators.

Because our girls were with us we had to see Neil Patrick Harris. He did a wonderful job and was so at ease. I know he is supposed to remain mostly in the background when the choirs are singing, but my wife couldn't help laughing at him during They Rejoiced with Great Joy. Our girls turned to her and said, "Mom! SHH! It's NPH! Be Serious" (NPH? Serious? I think not.) She said, "Watch him!"

He was fighting the need to dance during the chorus! And losing the fight.

We had a great time.

brivers222
01-05-2012, 02:03 PM
I liked NPH! His "wat up?" greeting of the crowd is priceless!

Faver
01-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Edward James Olmos!!!! handsdown!:thumbsup:

brivers222
01-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Edward James Olmos!!!! handsdown!:thumbsup:

I wanted to see him, but missed him.... LOVE DEXTER!

lol thats all i know him from

beksy
01-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Because our girls were with us we had to see Neil Patrick Harris. He did a wonderful job and was so at ease. I know he is supposed to remain mostly in the background when the choirs are singing, but my wife couldn't help laughing at him during They Rejoiced with Great Joy. Our girls turned to her and said, "Mom! SHH! It's NPH! Be Serious" (NPH? Serious? I think not.) She said, "Watch him!"

He was fighting the need to dance during the chorus! And losing the fight.

I saw that too and thought it was so funny!