PDA

View Full Version : New Dining Experiences to try

Katzateer
12-22-2011, 09:29 AM
We have been to WDW many times over the years and there are several places we have never tried and they all seem to get very good reviews.

Why are these your favorites and what is the BEST items on the menu?

Artist Pointe, Narcossee, Citricos, Flying Fish, Bistro de Paris, and Victoria and Albert are the choices.

I think we have eaten at just about every other WDW dining option (at least all the ones that interest us).

Our October trip will be our first without kids-our youngest will be in college. It will be a little emotional and a lonely trip but I am sure we will have fun.

brivers222
12-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Out of all of those we went to Narcoosee's this past trip.

My wife told me it was the only place we went all week that they actually cooked her steak to perfection. She isn't the type to send it back if its wrong, but she did make a point to say it was the best steak she had on property.

I personally liked the Filet and Lobster combination. Yummy!

Can't beat the fireworks view either (except if people outside would be courteous and sit down, but thats another story)

cer
12-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Our October trip will be our first without kids-our youngest will be in college. It will be a little emotional and a lonely trip but I am sure we will have fun.

We took our first trip without kiddos in Sept. Ours are still school age (10 and 13) and you will be surprised how delightful your experience will be. They are memories I will forever treasure and are sweeter the longer I reflect on them. I still cannot believe we took that trip, but I am so glad we did. This was the first trip we had ever taken as a couple since they were born.

I know you will be reflecting on the fact that your baby is in school (I was concerned that I would not be able to enjoy the trip leaving mine at home) but celebrate each other and your wonderful accomplishment of parenting.

Blessings! I know you will have a great time!

SBETigg
12-22-2011, 12:17 PM
They're all great, and the best thing on the menu is that it's never the same. Part of what makes them great for me is that the menu is constantly changing to reflect seasonal availability and creative license. Some standards always remain, like the potato-crusted snapper at Flying Fish or filet and tail at Narcoossee's, but mostly, the menus are always changing.

The filet mignon and lobster tail at Narcoossee's is often a favorite for diners, but it is not one of my favorites. It's a warm water tail and I'm a New England girl. You can't top Maine lobster. So that one falls short for me.

renecat
12-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Artist Point is a great place to try. It's a must do for us. We also love Yatchmens steak house and they cook the steaks to perfection also.

VWL Mom
12-22-2011, 01:01 PM
We did Artist Point, Narcoossees, and Citricos in November and while the the food was very good at all of them the attitude of the server wasn't. Our server at Citricos was downright rude, not sure what his problem was but really made the evening uncomfortable to the point we probably won't return.

Artist Point is a must do for us, love the cedar plank Salmon, Buffalo Sirloin, and the Northwestern wine list.

We've been to Narcoosees a few times and enjoy their menu. The Oysters Rockafeller is not always available but when it is, yum! I've had grouper there and mahi-mahi and enjoyed them both.

renecat
12-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Wow! We also did Citricos in November and we must have had the same server. That is why I did not recommend it. We also love Nacoosees and are going there for our April trip.

Disoriented
12-22-2011, 04:26 PM
We have eaten at all of the restaurants you listed and they are all great. As Sherri mentioned earlier their menus are always changing so they can use the freshest seasonal ingredients that they can get. Having said that, the Smoked Portabella mushroom soup at Artist Point was pretty impressive and Victoria's and Albert's will contact you prior to your dinning experience and will tailor your evenings menu choices to your likes.

Also in case you don't know Victoria's and Albert's is a very formal dinning experience. Their dress code is strictly enforced and you will find the dinning room is very quiet. I have never seen any children younger than high school age on any of the occasions I have dinned there.

slottedpig
12-22-2011, 06:29 PM
We did the youngest off to college, empty nest trip this last September and loved it. We tried 2 of your restaraunt ideas and loved both of them. Our waiter at Citricos was really delightful unlike some of the other experiences. We also had a great meal at Flying Fish.